Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anncas Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2008, 11:22 AM
    Pet dog with bloody poop
    I just took my dog out for her morning walk when I saw she pooped out about 5 drops of blood with a brown mushy looking poop. Then she went again and this time she pooped at least 20 or more drops of blook along with another mushy poop. She's a middle sized, adult dog, 4 yrs old. I've already scheduled an appointment with our vet for tomorrow. But I would like to know what sort of illness or infection she may have. Any idea's as to what it may be?
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Jan 27, 2008, 11:50 AM
    Ann, it could be anything. As long as she doesn't appear to be in pain, is eating, drinking, and pooping, please don't panic. Your dog could have picked up worms, or some other parasite both of which are easily treatable. I am glad you have managed to schedule a vet appointment for tomorrow. Don't forget to bring in a stool sample with you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Dog Poop [ 1 Answers ]

My dog is has been having stomach problems the last few days, he is up all night trying to poop and when he does its slimy and has a tint of green. What does this mean? What is this?

Dog with bloody diarrhea [ 12 Answers ]

My beagle is vomiting, has bloody diarrhea, is drinking water but is not eating. What could be wrong?

Bloody poop [ 3 Answers ]

My dog has been urinating in the house for the past few days. Today there was dark red blood all over her poop. Is this something serious? Is she in danger? What should I do?:confused:

Dog walks in his own poop? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, We have a 5 month old Boston Terrier. We leave him in the kitchen while we are at work, which is a pretty big area for the little guy. However, when we come home in the evening he has resorted to shredding his potty pad, walking in his own poop, and peeing in his bed. We are baffled. We know...

Pet poop [ 10 Answers ]

I can't stop my shelty from craping in my basement. He does it when I am in bed or in the shower. I bring him out he just pee's. I stick his nose in it. He is 2 years old and I thought he would not do this anymore! What can I do?:confused:

View more questions Search