Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    antulio48754 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2008, 10:03 AM
    Sears Snow Blower 5.0 hp Tecumseh Engine Problems
    I have a Sears model number 536.88521200 snow blower. It is a two cycle with manual and electric start. After I run it for 10 minutes or so, the engine revs up to full r.p.m.. It:s almost like the acclerator is stuck. It still runs fine but I am afraid the engine will burn out. I shut it down, it will then continue running for 30 seconds or so. If I start back up soon, if will run in this high rev state almost immediately.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2008, 11:48 AM
    Lubricate the throttle controls.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jan 28, 2008, 02:18 PM
    There is a governor on most small engines. It's a flapper that causes a displacemnt of a rod based on the amount of air exiting the flywheel. The linkage is attached to the throttle and has a return spring.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 28, 2008, 06:13 PM
    I'm thinking that KISS is thinkling that the return spring has fallen off, I'm thinking.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Re-attach cord on tecumseh snow king recoil starter [ 11 Answers ]

My cord to the recoil starter on my snowblower broke at the base. I have unbolted the starter from the engine and brought it inside. It is looking like I have to take apart the unit just to push the cord into its slot as there is very little finger room to work with. The starter is on an 11...

Ariens old snow blower with problems! [ 4 Answers ]

Well my friends gave me an older my guess is 1980s snow blower with and 8 horse power motor, it did not run my guess was the carb,took it apart sprayed the holes and got as much junk out of the tank as I could put it back on and did not fire up it tried but there was not gas coming into the...

Snow blower problems [ 11 Answers ]

I have a 7 year old craftsman snowblower that was working fine until today. It was seeming to lack power. Does anyone know what I should look for to fix the problem before it get worse?

Working on old snowblower with a Tecumseh engine [ 4 Answers ]

The HP is no more than 3 or 3.5. It has a horizontal shaft and a diaphram carb, I had problems with the carb flooding so I rebuilt the carb. The gas tank is slightly rusty inside. I managed to get the engine running smoothly and put it in the shed. About 2 weeks later, it started right away....

BACKFIRING,13hp Murray Riding Mower, Tecumseh Engine [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I am having trouble with my 13HP Murray riding mower.Model 40541x99C OHV130-206810D. TECUMSEH ENGINE. First it was backfiring REALLY loud:eek:.. in all gears, all speeds.. I cleaned gas tank, replaced fuel filter, spark plug, cleaned carb, replaced air fiter. The engine: (1) BACKFIRES...

View more questions Search