Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joepizzi2003 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2008, 07:08 AM
    Caulking for shower floor
    I have a tile shower (tiles walls and tile floor). Where the floor and walls intersect, there is white caulking that had become mildewed. I need to replace the caulking, but want to be sure I use the correct caulk, the best product for a shower floor.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jan 27, 2008, 09:46 AM
    Any name brand tub and tile caulking that is mildew resistant.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 28, 2008, 08:15 AM
    Dap makes a shower caulk that contains a mildewcide built in, look for that at the home store. It's a bit stronger than just resistant to mildew, it kills it.
    jasondbel Posts: 165, Reputation: -6

Jan 28, 2008, 06:59 PM
    Ive always used silocone chalk. Why not use tile grout. Either or I suppose. Just remove ALL the old stuff
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 28, 2008, 07:02 PM
    Grout is for flat wall surfaces but not for seams like in the corner or down at the floor. Those corner have just a tiny bit of flex to then and grout will just crack and fall out. Silicone caulk with mildewcide is the right way to go.
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Jan 29, 2008, 06:49 PM
    Ballagnerb1 if only I could spread some rep around id rate your answer. Lol your right grout doesn't do well in corners it always cracks, your suggestion is the best way to go.
    You also may try some caulk remover for the old stuff, it worked for me the 1 time I used it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Caulking a acrylic shower unit [ 6 Answers ]

I recently installed a new Acrylic shower and I have tried silicone and also bath and kitchen adhesive caulk both have failed this is a new unit with no soap scum. I cleaned out silicone with ease and thoughly cleaned and dried whiped done with mineral spirits per manufacture instructions and...

Caulking glass shower [ 3 Answers ]

My builder installed a frameless glass shower a 15 months ago. The glass goes up to the ceiling because the shower is also equipped with a steam generator. We have glass on two sides and limestone on two sides. The silicon caulking that attaches the glass to the limestone At the floor of the...

Shower drain caulking nut [ 5 Answers ]

I installed a new shower stall and base . The shower came with a new drain assembly using a caulking nut that I tightened. When I went to test the shower it leaked. I am wondering what I could have done wrong.thanks for any help.

1st floor ceiling leak below 2nd floor shower [ 2 Answers ]

Our ceiling has developed a swelling or bubble in the ceiling and when touched-it literally fell apart and created a hole. It is dry to the touch but happens to be right in line with our 2nd floor master bedroom shower where the plumbing probably comes down. The shower has a plastic floor with a...

View more questions Search