Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    draitsidis Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2008, 05:18 AM
    Cortisone injection creates SERIOUS side effect and my cats health is deteriorating
    My cat , 8 yrs old, was sneezing and vomiting a little twice a week.
    Took him to the vet. He gave a cortisone injection.( do not know now the name but I will find out soon).
    Ever since, its health has been deteriorating. He does not want to eat or drink and is hiding in a closet in the apartment. We feed him water, milk and light food. Before the injection he had blood test and it was OK.
    Please advise are there any cortisone side effects and if yes any antidotes? Or suggest anything you might think is useful.

Thanks for you advise
    Angela
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Jan 27, 2008, 11:12 AM
    Angela, cortisone is a steroid. As with any drugs, there are always side effects but I am left wondering what the diagnosis of your cat's illness was that prompted your vet to give the cat a steroid injection. Refusal to eat is not a typical side effect. Usually, excessive hunger or thirst occurs. I am surprised your vet didn't tell you what to look for in side effects of the drug. If you are not happy with your current vet's treatment of your cat, I strongly urge you to make an appointment with another vet for a second health evaluation for your cat. If he appears to be deteriorating as you state he is, he needs immediate medical attention. Someone needs to come up with a proper diagnosis and course of treatment. In the meantime, please don't give your cat cow's milk. Their systems don't digest it properly and could be the cause of his refusal to eat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Piercing side effect [ 2 Answers ]

I have my naval pierced and on the bottom hole it lookds like the inside of the hole came out... it doesn't hurt or anything, I clean it all the time and nothing green is coming out but its ugly I just want to know what to do.?

Side effect metoprolol [ 1 Answers ]

Could metoprolol succ er make my tongue thick and make it difficult to swallow?

How dose a dog barking device effect cats [ 4 Answers ]

Will a ultrasonic dogbarking device effect or hurt a cat ? Thanks , Mika

View more questions Search