Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    frggydggy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2008, 11:49 AM
    Tylenol and dogs
    Can I give my 100 + pound dog tylenol for her aching joints and muscles? If so, how much can I give her. She is a Wolf/Lab mix.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2008, 12:15 PM
    I've always given my dogs plain old aspirin. I had German Shepards weighing 125 lbs and I would give them 2 Bayer Aspirin every 6 hours. I'm not too sure about giving any dog Tylenol though.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2008, 04:19 PM
    frggydggy, I hope you see this before you try the Tylenol. It is pure poison for a dog's system. Please do not give it to your dog. Why does your dog have aching joints and muscles? Has she been diagnosed with arthritis by a vet? Aspirin is okay once in a while but not as a regular course of treatment. Please speak with your vet about what exactly is going on with your dog and the safe products that are out there. There are medications that are prescribed for dogs that take care of different issues. She may do well on the over the counter glucosamine tablets for dogs who are prone to hip dysplacia. The best person to talk with about this is the vet. Please, do not try anything without running it by your vet first.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Are hot dogs safe for dogs [ 7 Answers ]

Are hot dogs safe for me to feed to my dog,or are there any health issues I should be concerned with?

Can my child mix tylenol with Triametic [ 1 Answers ]

My son has a fever... so I gave him tylenol. He also has a severe cough that is making him gag. Can I give him triametic too? He is 5 going on 6, he weighs about 38 lbs. Gave him tylenol around 5pm it is now almost 8... thank you

Tylenol Product Contamination Case [ 2 Answers ]

What were the long term effects resulting in the Tylenol Product Contaimination Case?

Hangover sufferers beware! Don't take Tylenol after drinking! [ 3 Answers ]

Alcohol metabolism activates an enzyme that transforms acetamenophen into chemical compounds that cause liver damage. If you are a chronic drinker, use of over the counter pain relievers and fever reducers is likely to cause liver damage severe enough to require a liver transplant--not a risk worth...

View more questions Search