Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    murshyblues Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2008, 10:42 AM
    Wireless internet connection?
    How can I setup a wireless internet connection between my home computer and my Compaq Laptop?

I have a linksys Wireless-B broadband router and my laptop was once connected to the linksys router wireless,

But my laptop just shut off and then I had to get it fix, now when I try to connect it to the router it won't work,
    I know it had wireless built in but when I check my network adapters,

It doesn't say that I have a wireless connection. Does that mean that I may have lost it? I used it before but every since my computer broke I can't git my internet to work wireless. Please help
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2008, 03:47 PM
    Do you have the original installation disc?

Many times when a computer is reformatted, you have to manually re-load some of the drivers. I suspect you need to do this for your wireless card.
    murshyblues Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2008, 04:04 PM
    I got it hooked up, thanks for the help

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wireless connection connected but can't connect to the internet [ 6 Answers ]

Hello! I just hooked up a Linksys wireless router to my PC, and I have a connection on my laptop, but I get a "the page cannot be displayed" message when I try to connect to the internet. Does anyone have any ideas what the problem might be? Thanks!

Wireless internet connection [ 3 Answers ]

I'm going on vacation to visit some family, regardless all they have is dial up and I don't want to use that. I'm looking to get a wireless internet connection. My computer has wifi but is there something like a wireless internet prepaid card... maybe something that will give me x amount of minutes...

Wireless Internet Connection [ 3 Answers ]

I have to computers in my house they are on the same floor house and in two bedroom basically across from one another.So I use a wireless belkin 4 port router,that only cost me $30 to $40 dollars,the problem is both computers does not be online at the same time.For example I'm online and I would...

Wireless Connection OK, Internet Not - Why? [ 5 Answers ]

My laptop is connecting to my linksys router at home and at work, but cannot access the internet. I'm sure it's a simple setting that's incorrect. I don't remember making any changes, though. Help!

Wireless/cable internet connection [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have 2 issues. Now I am new to this, so please don't judge me. 1) I was recently by my friend with my laptop (has wireless connectivity). I was able to connect to the wireless modem - got an ip address, subnet mask, and default gateway - but, still couldn't connect to the internet. I...

View more questions Search