Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Techie-Teacher Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2008, 09:28 AM
    Can you remember a book title by The Frugal Gourmet?
    I'm trying to remember the title of a book by The Frugal Gourmet Jeff Smith.

The book had anticdotes and stories about Presidents and their wives in addition to including favorite recipes of our Presidents.

Anyone know the title, or know where I can look for the title? It's more than likely out of print as the last time I checked it out of our library was maybe 20 years ago.

Thanks

Techie-Teacher
    inzalo Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2008, 10:02 AM
    Hi Techie-teacher,

The book you are looking for is maybe the Frugal Gourmet cooks American

Book Description
    The Frugal Gourmet presents a fabulous feastAmerican heritage.
    Jeff Smith, the immensely popular star of his own television cooking show, The Frugal Gourmet, and author of four New York Times bestselling cookbooks, celebrates the delights of truly American cooking with such favorites as corn, turkey, tomatoes, squash, pumpkins, sweet berries and other ingredients that stir up fond memories of home and homecooking. Added to this list are some very special dishes from America's traditional cuisines-fascinating favorites from every part of the country, including:

Regional specialties from native American IndiansTime-honored recipes from the colonists, including those handed down from George Washington and Thomas Jefferson, as well as early settlers from Pennsylvania and New EnglandDown-home cooking at its best, exemplifying both Southern hospitality and the heart of soul foodFrom the heartlands of America comes everything from 19-Alarm Chili to barbecued spareribs and sweet potato pieAnd there's much more...

In all, this handy companion to the 39-part national television series provides over 350 exciting recipes, served up with a pinch or two of humor, a delicious sprinkling of American lore, and a healthy touch of American history.

Source:Amazon.com: Fg Cooks American: Books: J Smith,Jeff Smith

Thank you for the question!:)
    Ps. If this is not the book you are looking for try the link from Amazon.com
    Inzalo
    Former expert from askme.com

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I can't remember the title of this book. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I read this book when I was around 11 or 12 and it was about a group of teenagers that managed to transport them self to a different dimension that was basically ancient times with gods and dragons and I think dimi-gods as well. I remember parts of it like when the dragon fought the god and...

I can't remember the title of this book. [ 3 Answers ]

I hope someone can help me. I am trying to remember the name of a story that was read to me when I was in elementary school. From what I remember, the story takes place in the future and the narrator is living through a war against aggressive alien invaders. Throughout the story the reader is...

I can't remember the title of this book [ 5 Answers ]

When I was a little girl, I loved this book about a girl who went to a birthday party. When she came home she took a bath and had a fantastic adventure involving many of the things she got at the party. For instance soap, a newspaper, black jelly beans... Please help me if you can.

Can't remember the title of this book [ 3 Answers ]

Okay, I'm hoping someone in this extended community may recognize this book I read years ago (early 70's) and foolishly gave away in a move (also many years ago). I would classify it as fantasy but of the alternative world (no elves, etc.) category. It was a long (500+ pages?) big paperback. As...

View more questions Search