Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JdmEk Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2008, 11:49 PM
    How do I turn on my alarm?
    I have a 2000 Honda Civic Ex and I believe the alarm is turned off.

Remote locks and unlocks the door and panic button works.
    If anyone knows how to turn on a factory Honda alarm, that would be great.
    I believe there's a code to it.

For Example, "Turn Engine on; Pull Emergency Brake; Turn Engine off. Turn key to slot II. Pull Emergency brake down; and then Turn engine back on".

Any information would be helpful. THANK YOU.:D
    nutthouse Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Jan 26, 2008, 09:52 AM
    It's a 2000... are you sure it has an alarm? Does the remote have a start up button?
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jan 26, 2008, 06:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nutthouse
    its a 2000....are you sure it has an alarm? Does the remote have a start up button?
    I have seen sales personnel hand out remotes that didn't belong to the vehicle.

And, not all alarm systems are equipped with a remote start feature. Even in current model year vehicles.
    Some features may be installed but not enabled. Check to see if that option is something that you actually purchased.

JdmEk,
    I recommend you look at some of the Similar Questions, located at the bottom of this page.
    See if any of those recommendations fit your needs. It they don't, then we'll try other options.

It has become apparent that completely reading members profile will be in your best interest. Please be careful.

Jan 27, 2008, 10:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainRich
    I have seen sales personnel hand out remotes that didn't belong to the vehicle.

And, not all alarm systems are equipped with a remote start feature. Even in current model year vehicles.
    Some features may be installed but not enabled. Check to see if that option is something that you actually purchased.

JdmEk,
    I recommend you look at some of the Similar Questions, located at the bottom of this page.
    See if any of those recommendations fit your needs. It they don't, then we'll try other options.

It has become apparent that completely reading members profile will be in your best interest. Please be careful.
    Thank you CaptainRich. You are very helpful but I still haven't found what it is that I am looking for. But maybe you are right, some features may not be installed. Maybe I don't have an alarm but how come my panic button works and the horn comes on like an alarm. Whatever it may be, I believe I do have one but just need to find out how to activate it or turn it on. Maybe it was shut off or got shut off due to something. I may take it to the dealer this week and find out. Again, Thank you.

If this helps, here is a similar picture of my remote for my car. Please take a look.

http://i6.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/bc/3b/7781_1.JPG

Anyone with any information will help. Thank you! :cool:

Jan 27, 2008, 11:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nutthouse
    its a 2000....are you sure it has an alarm? Does the remote have a start up button?
    No start up button. It is just a factory alarm!
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jan 28, 2008, 06:48 AM
    Security Alarm System: Description of Operation

The security alarm system is armed automatically after the doors, hood, and trunk lid are closed and locked. For the system to arm, the ignition switch must be off, the key must be removed, and the security control unit must receive signals that the doors, hood, and trunk lid are closed and locked. The alarm can be disarmed at any time by unlocking either door with the key or the remote transmitter.

When everything is closed and locked, the only control unit inputs that are grounded, and have 0 volts , are the driver's door lock knob switch, and the audio unit. In other words, all of the other switches are open, including the key cylinder switches, and they have about 10 volts . Ten seconds after the doors are locked with the key or the lock knob (with the door open), or immediately after the doors are locked with the LOCK button on the remote transmitter, the security system arms, and the security indicator on the door panel flashes. If the security indicator does not flash, the system is not arming. Check the doors, hood, and trunk to see if they are closed. A beep to confirm the security alarm system is armed will sound if the LOCK button is pressed a second time within 5 seconds .

If one of the switches is misadjusted or there is a short in the system, the system will not arm. As long as the control unit continues to receive a ground signal, it senses that the vehicle is not closed and locked, and the system will not arm. Conversely, a switch that is slightly misadjusted can sound an alarm for no apparent reason. In this case, a significant change in outside temperature, the vibration of a passing truck, or someone bumping into the vehicle could cause the alarm to sound.

If anything is opened or improperly unlocked after the system is armed, the control unit receives a ground signal from that switch, and the 10 volts reference drops to 0 volts . If the radio is disconnected, the input loses its ground, and the input voltage goes to 10 volts . The system sounds the alarm when any of these things occur:

* A door is forced open
    * A door is unlocked without using the key or the remote transmitter
    * The hood is opened
    * The trunk is opened without using the transmitter
    * The audio unit is disconnected
    * The panic mode is activated

When the system sounds the alarm, the security horn sounds and the exterior lights flash for 2 minutes . The alarm can be stopped at any time by unlocking either door with the key or by pushing any button on the remote transmitter.
    tweedg Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2008, 07:27 PM
    Most civics don't have factory alarms. The panic button does not have anything to do with an alarm, it is just a panic button. If the system is programmable, then instructions should be in your owners manual. I don't think Honda has a programmable alarm I think they are set from the factory only.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I turn on my 2000 Civic factory (oem) alarm ? [ 3 Answers ]

Here's my problem: " ALARM DOES NOT WORK BUT LOCKS DO! " 1)Doors lock and unlock when buttons are pressed on remote control. 2)Doors lock with a beep* and unlocks with clicks*. 3)Horn honks when panic button is pressed and held for 5-10 seconds. 4)But when doors are locked, no honking...

Lennox heat turn off and turn back on to work [ 2 Answers ]

I have a lennox heater I have to turn it off and turn it back on to get it to heat. What is wrong and how do I fix it.

Alarm goes off but not because of smoke [ 6 Answers ]

the smoke detector alarm goes off but its not because of smoke. What could be the other probable reasons? Is condensation a probability? Is getting a central humidifier going to solve the problem? What would be a good route to take?

Smoke alarm [ 3 Answers ]

How come my hardwired smoke alarms are chirping?

View more questions Search