Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    medic0722 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2006, 04:36 AM
    How do I create a bootable cd?
    My friend has had problems reloading windows xp after formating, missing files and such. I have tried some other solutions and come to the conclusion he had a bad disk. Now somewhere or somehow he got a hold of the files or an XP disk , I'm really not sure, but he asked if I knew how to make a bootable disk that must be in a image file format for some reason. I'm lost at this point. He's got an Alienware computor no floppy drive. Please help... keep in mind I am a novice, what that's going to make him... well lol. Thanks much.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2006, 05:07 AM
    Bootable CD
    Hi,
    Since there is no floppy drive, the computer must have a burner drive in order to create a Bootable CD, such as a CD-R.
    If there are missing files, then doing a reinstallation of XP, using the install CD's, should take care of the issues.
    Best of luck.

Jan 12, 2006, 05:15 AM
    Yes, I have burner
    I will burn the cd for him. It is the xp installation cd that he has that is bad. He has tried a second XP cd as well that didn't work for him either... hmmmmm wonder why... not sure if his product code didn't work or if it failed to install. At any rate he's still stuck... and he's armed!! :D

Thanks again.
    Wendy225 Posts: 240, Reputation: 4

Jan 13, 2006, 12:22 PM
    Best way to do it
    Go to this website, it will help you create the absolute Ultimate Windows XP bootable CD with SP2 spyware, whatever you need.
    http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/;)

Jan 13, 2006, 02:44 PM
    Cheap XP
    I just got out of College, XP only cost $8 at the college store for students only and office and frontpage were only $12 together, so there are always cheap alternatives to a legal version, also you can download SP2 and integrate it into this boot Cd, it copies you original XP Sp1 cd files and then you add the SP2 files and it will integrate AdwareSE as a plugin and Nero and Aspi files, there are literally 100s of programs that have their own plugins to use in this boot Cd, or if it gets too big, you can create a Bootable DVD.

And you can make your own plugins for just about any program you want installed when you install from your WInxp bootable DVD or cd:D

Jan 13, 2006, 05:04 PM
    Close one
    :( awww... it sounded like just what I needed but the link was dead.:(... are there any other links like this?

Jan 13, 2006, 06:14 PM
    BECAUSE
    The Link Is Dead Because, You Most Likely Copied My Smiley At The End Of It.

Jan 14, 2006, 01:57 AM
    Oops
    :D when your right your right... thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Using access create database [ 3 Answers ]

To all. I'm need you all help, how to using Microsoft access create a database. Sample like I want record all the stock in my database and how to using Html interface link to the database. :(

How to create a good virus? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, My querry is that , how can a person create a good virus... I mean which is benifical... are there of this kind viruses which are reallly helpful?

Create mhtml [ 0 Answers ]

Is there a way to programmatically create one MHTML document that embeds all the required resources (text, images, scripts, etc.), similar kind to PDF document? Presently, I'm only able to find converters. Thank everyone.

How can create chocolate? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi: Would you mind tell me how can make chocolate?

View more questions Search