Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    d mangreen Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2008, 03:30 PM
    Need to know about the Immagration
    I have this guy who works for me right. There is a problem in the us with immigration way too many immigrants. So i need to know a site to make a backround check on him too find out if he is illegal im preety shure he is. I also nned to number too get him deported.
    Can you please help me?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 25, 2008, 03:39 PM
    How do you KNOW FOR SURE if he is illegal. Doesn't he have a social insurance number, ID, place of residence. Does he have a passport ? Why don't you ask him if he has ID ? If you can possibly make sure, at least give him a reasonable doubt otherwise you are going to make trouble for an individual who is completely innocent.
    d mangreen Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2008, 03:42 PM
    Well that's why I want to make a backround check. So give me a site that tells me if he is illegal please.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 25, 2008, 04:02 PM
    Why did you hire him if you were unsure?

Did he file an I-9 form for you? That will tell you if he is an immigrant, or even illegal.

You don't have his social security number for tax purposes? If he doesn't have a SSN, most likely he is illegal.

Do you deduct taxes from his pay? Have you given him his W-2 yet?

Oh, don't tell me you didn't get any of that info and he works for you... YOU could be in a ton of trouble too.
    Jessy_D01 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2008, 12:22 PM
    Getting a number to get him deported, COME ON!! What's wrong with you that you would screw with someone's life like that? Don't stick your nose where it doesn't belong, that's HIS business. If you're that unsure about it, fire him but give the guy a break.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 27, 2008, 05:10 PM
    Contact: I.C.E. (Immigration & Customs Enforcement) Tip Line: (866) 347-2423 They will ask for all information you have on this person so be ready with everything when you call.

They can help you determine this individual's status legal or otherwise.

Jessy - Getting ONE illegal deported means ONE MORE job for a real American to work at. We have to start somewhere with somebody otherwise there will be NO jobs left in America for Americans. What are you thinking? The person can come back to this country legally if they want to live here. I do not condone illegals taking our jobs.
    Jessy_D01 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2008, 05:32 PM
    Legal, illegal, what's the difference?? WHERE DO YOU THINK YOUR GREAT GRANDPARENTS came from, if you're not a native american then you're an immigrant too. Do you really think that most white people work as well as latinos do!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA, being white myself I can say that most of us are lazy pieces of SH*T!! Anyway, let him live his lilfe, after all, HE IS HUMAN TOO.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jan 27, 2008, 06:09 PM
    My Great Grandparents became legal citizens of this country and did not try to circumvent the laws or find someone to marry so they could stay in America. People are welcome to come here but they need to follow the laws and become citizens.

D Mangreen - if you did not get all the proper information on this person before you hired him - then that does not say much for you. If you did not get his ID, his passport, his visa, etc. and hired him without the legal documentation you needed to have, then someone should report you. That is like opening the hen house to let the fox in and then complaining about the fox.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 27, 2008, 07:57 PM
    If you are an employer you can ( and should) be verifying an employees social security number.
    Social Security Online - Business Services Online

Beyond that, if as an employer you can ask for the information provided on the I9 that you are required to have each employee fill out, and you are to make a copy of the ID they supply to you. But if they can supply you proper ID, social security card, drivers license and so on, then beyond verfifing their sociail security card you are not allowed by law to check any closer on them.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 28, 2008, 12:32 PM
    There are a lot of illegal aliens out there who are happily using other people's green cards to obtain employment. There also is a rash of forged identification documents floating around as well. I don't blame mangreen one bit for wanting to verify this employee. The employee may have said something to warrant this as well. Mangreen didn't state specifically just why.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 28, 2008, 01:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by d mangreen
    I have this guy who works for me right. THERE IS A PROBLEM IN THE US WITH Immigration WAY TOO MANY IMMIGRANTS. SO I NEED TO KNOW A SITE TO MAKE A BACKROUND CHECK ON HIM TOO FIND OUT IF HE IS ILLEGAL IM PREETY SHURE HE IS. I ALSO NNED TO NUMBER TOO GET HIM DEPORTED.
    Can you please help me?

If you hired him without checking documentation you could be opening the door to problems for yourself - happens with migrant workers in my area all the time. Growers face big fines - and sometimes they themselves make the hotline call! Go figure.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 28, 2008, 01:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter
    Contact: I.C.E. (Immigration & Customs Enforcement) Tip Line: (866) 347-2423 They will ask for all information you have on this person so be ready with everything when you call.

They can help you determine this individual's status legal or otherwise.

Jessy - Getting ONE illegal deported means ONE MORE job for a real American to work at. We have to start somewhere with somebody otherwise there will be NO jobs left in America for Americans. What are you thinking? The person can come back to this country legally if they want to live here. I do not condone illegals taking our jobs.

Disagree - there are many, many jobs Americans won't touch due to working conditions or low pay. I don't think illegals are taking professional employment but tend to be doing labor requiring minimal skills.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search