Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rhouse30 Posts: 306, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2008, 02:34 PM
    Clean brass and gold plated fixtures
    I have ceiling lights with brass and gold plated metal. From what I understand you are suppose to use just a damp cloth.

I tried that and it doesn't seem to be enough to get it clean and shiny again because it's in the kitchen and it has some buildup.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.
    jack dandy Posts: 226, Reputation: 9

Jan 25, 2008, 02:44 PM
    A cleaner called Brasso works excellent for brass, I'm not sure about the gold.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2008, 06:35 PM
    Brasso is good but you can also try 91% rubbing alcohol. I have brass chandeliers all over my home and found that the rubbing alcohol works just fine in taking off the grease in my kitchen's brass chandelier. You may want to try 70% first to see how that works.
    rebecca auerbac Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2009, 05:27 PM

How do I clean of the tarnish from an old brass gold plated chandellier
    jack dandy Posts: 226, Reputation: 9

Sep 2, 2009, 05:46 PM

There is a product called Brasso that works very well I used it for many years in a club I worked at that had tarnished brass from the late 40's, made it look like new. Good Luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Painting shiny brass bathroom fixtures [ 2 Answers ]

Can a shiny brass shower enclosure be painted? Also, can tub and skin faucets that are shiny brass?

Laquered Brass [ 10 Answers ]

Do any of you good people out there know how to remove the laquer coat that is put on Brass? It is pitted and would like to remove all laquer & polish brass. Thank you!

Protecting Brass [ 5 Answers ]

Any one have any suggestions for preventing brass kick plate on my front door from tarnishing? I considered clear laquer but need any alternatives.

View more questions Search