Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    interinfinity Posts: 142, Reputation: 8

Jan 25, 2008, 01:59 PM
    ITT Tech vs Traditional college
    I wanted to get some opinions on finishing a bachelors in ITT tech vs getting a degree from a university. I have an associates degree in computer programming from ITT technical institute, and I have an associates degree from a community college in general science (yes I wasted a lot of time). I want to go for a bachelors degree, and am split between finishing up at Louisiana State University or at an ITT tech. what are some pros and cons. ITT tech appeals to me because the curriculum is so much more technology and hands on oriented. I do know from experience that the classes were a lot more basic than I expected them to be. I also don't know how employers look at ITT tech. If I were to go to a university I would plan on electrical engineering, and would like to get a masters in software engineering.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jan 25, 2008, 02:24 PM
    The ONLY reason I would stay away from ITT Tech is that it does NOT have regional accreditation.

That means that if you tried to use that degree to get your Master's later, you wouldn't be able to through a traditional college. The credits are worthless to a traditional college, because they can not be transferred without risking THAT school's accreditation.

So... since you plan on getting your Master's degree, I would go to a traditional college. There are MANY that have hands-on curriculums. I suggest contacting the engineering department of several close to you and asking if you could meet with an advisor to talk about what you'd like to do, and how you'd like to learn.
    karent23 Posts: 133, Reputation: 8

Feb 1, 2008, 07:02 AM
    Synnen is right about the accreditation... the only reason I would see going to ITT is if they offer a program that will definitely give you a skill for a career that other schools can't. I work for a similar school that does have great programs, but don't expect your credits to transfer.

If you went to the state school keep in mind your ITT credits probably won't transfer and you might have to retake a few classes, even though you have an associates in general science as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I do itt? [ 6 Answers ]

How do I solve 3(4+3)to the second power-1?? Gahh. I hate algebraa!

I love itt [ 2 Answers ]

I no this song but I forgot the title can someone help me ? It goes like "with you in my life in my dreams"

College guy suddenly confusing college girl [ 4 Answers ]

So here's the deal: I entered college midyear. During my first week, I met this incredibly nice & cute guy. We hit it off. We spent hours just talking in his room. He drove me to the bookstore to get my books. We went out for fast food a couple times. Things got complicated when he decided to...

A college for m.tech [ 0 Answers ]

I qualify gate2006 Gate score-364 Air-582 Category-general Paper-IT Suggest me which college can give admission

A college for admmission in m.tech [ 1 Answers ]

I qualified gate2006 in I.T. in GEN CATEGORY AIR:-582 Gate score:- 364 Tell me college name for admission

View more questions Search