Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cadupree Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2008, 12:36 PM
    A+ blodd - can't have the Rh negative factor?
    Hello,

My blood type is A+, I have been told that because I am A+ I can't have the Rh Negative factor, is this true? I couldn't find anything specific on any web sites. I am pregnant and have 3 sisters that are Rh Negative, and had problems during pregnancy because of it, so I am very concerned about this.

Thank you.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 25, 2008, 01:04 PM
    If your blood type is positive there is NO WAY you will have any problems with any of your pregnancies as far as Rh problems are concerned.
    cadupree Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2008, 01:49 PM
    Your quick response to my question is most appreciated, I couldn't find any clear explanation online.

Thank you. :)
    Expert

Jan 25, 2008, 02:11 PM
    For you to have a problem you would have to be A- rather than A+

Although this thread is rather lengthy, it describes in detail how the Rh factor works with Rh negative blood types.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/pregna...ght=blood+type
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 25, 2008, 02:16 PM
    Welcome to the club! I too am A+ and had no problem with pregnancies. Like J_9 said, you would have to be A- for problems to crop up.
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2008, 10:11 PM
    What if her mate is A negative? Now my mom was A negative, father O positive, and I'm A positive, Husband O, positive, I'm A positive, and my sister is o positive, but my all my kids are "A"--neg. so what's the deal? Just a question?
    Expert

Jan 27, 2008, 03:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lovelesspa
    what if her mate is A negative?
    Doesn't matter. It is the MOTHER that must be negative and the child to be positive for the problems to occur. There are no problems with first pregnancies, it is always subsequent pregnancies where complications begin.

As long as the mother is positive there is no concern regarding Rh factor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Negative blood test negative urine but still feel pregnant [ 2 Answers ]

Hi me again I've had my bloods taken not sure what of hcg tests I think which came backnormal,but still feel butterflys in my belly nauseas,and weight gain on my lower half could I still be pregnant or am I worrying myself in TO a early grave. Jeans are quite snug and my boobs have stopped...

Could it have been a factor? [ 2 Answers ]

Who likes watching documentaries on the Titanic? I work with the history channel and Titanic's Final Moments is a new documentary that premiers tomorrow Sunday, February 26 on the History channel. They discovered some new things and the break and sink was more complex than anyone thought. You can...

X-Factor 2 [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know the title of any of the music from X-Factor?

View more questions Search