Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    H1LLHOUZ Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2008, 11:35 AM
    Static electricity build up on the body
    How can the build up of static electricity be avoided? Is the only way to dissipate it to ground oneself out and suffer that electrical shock from the discharge?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 25, 2008, 11:37 AM
    Rub yourself with dryer softener sheets. Carry some with you too and use as needed.
    caibuadday Posts: 460, Reputation: 10

Jan 25, 2008, 05:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by H1LLHOUZ
    how can the build up of static electricity be avoided? is the only way to dissipate it to ground oneself out and suffer that electrical shock from the discharge?
    This is how I do to avoid the shock, hold a metal object(key) and touch a grounding surface( metal doors, elevator, railing)
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Jan 25, 2008, 06:21 PM
    To discharge yourself, hold a metal object, such as keys, used as a probe to come up to a grounded metal surface, to drain any charge with no sensation felt.

Certain synthetic clothing and shoes worn on dry low humidity days helps to create the charge, most times unavoidably.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Static sound through TV [ 1 Answers ]

Hello! We have a fairly old TV (brand name Classic?) that was bought overseas. We just recently moved and now we are hearing a fairly faint (but very annoying) static sound. We hear the sound when using the television speakers, as well as when using external speakers. When we play a DVD using...

Static on YouTube, etc. [ 6 Answers ]

When playing clips from YouTube and MySpace I often hear periods of loud static. I know it's not in the posted vids since sometimes the same ones are fine. Is this likely to be a problem on my end or is it the nature of such sites? I have no problem with audio on files I've downloaded to hard...

Static Friction [ 2 Answers ]

To meet a U.S. Postal Service requirement, footwear must have a coefficient of static friction of 0.5 or more on a specified surface. In an emergency, what is the minimum time interval in which a person starting from rest can move a distance L on a tile surface if she is wearing footwear meeting...

Static ip address? [ 18 Answers ]

A client has DSL and wants to connect their home PC to their work computer so that they both have the same e-mail address, an I.T. guy at my work says they then would need a static ip address. What does that do? :confused:

View more questions Search