Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    soulbounce Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2008, 10:57 AM
    College Graduation Ceremony - announcement vs. invitation
    My son will be graduating from the Naval Academy on May 23. I am very confused as to how to handle graduation announcements versus graduation invitations. We will be inviting some people to attend the ceremony (to which tickets are limited) as well as the celebration we will be having afterward, and some we wish to send only an announcement to. Do I need 3 different things? How should each be worded? When should each be sent out? :confused:
    lacuran8626 Posts: 270, Reputation: 57

Jan 29, 2008, 02:18 PM
    I don't know the rules here, but this is what I would do, for what it's worth... If you think enough of someone to send them an announcement, I would also enclose an invitation to a celebration like an open house. If they live too far to come, at least they will know you would have enjoyed their company. Most people understand you cannot invite a hundred people to the ceremony, and that small group can enjoy a more formal celebration like a nice meal out at a restaurant, or a more formal gathering post-ceremony celebration at your home.

If you do not want to invite some people or are not having a larger party later, I would include a photo of your son at graduation and share the news in next year's holiday card.
    kabity Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2012, 11:47 PM
    I am a principle in a hairdressing college and would like to invite some guest of honor to attend the graduation. Kindly give me a sample

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Graduation announcements - no ceremony? [ 19 Answers ]

I am graduating from college this week and my husband and mother both suggested that I send out announcements. I was unsure about this because I am not walking, so there is no ceremony, and there is no party. Is it really necessary to send out announcements? I mean, I want to let my family and...

High school graduation announcement [ 1 Answers ]

Is the high school graduation announcement from the parents of the child or from the child? I don't know who is sending it.

What to wear to college graduation. [ 14 Answers ]

Hi I am in a quandary about what to wear to a morning college graduation. I do not like dresses or skirts but would go with a skirt if I must. Is something lacy appropriate for morning with palazzo pants? I have a nice chocolate brown lacy overblouse and chocolate pants and brown shoes... I...

Graduation Announcement Etiquette [ 1 Answers ]

Where do you place the parchment tissue in a graduation announcement?

View more questions Search