Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    poppy13 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2008, 07:06 AM
    Pregnant and got mrsa
    Hi there, I'm hoping there's someone who can put my mind at rest, I'm 15 weeks pregnant, I had swabs done recently, and they have came back saying I have mrsa, is this safe for my unborn baby, has anyone else had this? I've not to do anything about it, the doc wasn't worried at all, I'm terrified, how easily can I pass it to my family now, and am I not right in saying that it's a killer bug, why don't they seem worried
    alyssarox32 Posts: 70, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2008, 07:15 AM
    The staph infection?

Jan 25, 2008, 08:01 AM
    I've just read alyssarox32 reply, what do you mean? I dony understand sorry

Jan 25, 2008, 08:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by alyssarox32
    The staph infection?
    Sorry I don't understand what you meant by this?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 25, 2008, 10:37 AM
    MRSA is Methacillin Resistance Staphylococcus Areus. It is a staph infection that is resistant to certain antibiotics, meaning that some antibiotics will not kill it.

This is very common these days. It all depends on where you have it and to what extent you have it as to how severe it is.

Have you been put on antibiotics yet? They may be culturing the swab to see what the best antibiotic is for you, this can take a few days.

Where do you have it? What antibiotic are you on?
    mcb7 Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Apr 3, 2008, 11:13 AM
    I do not know if it can hurt your baby, but my husband has had it twice & they put him on a really strong antibiotic. I can tell you that both times that he had it I did not get it & we still slept in the same bed & did everything that we normally did. I would ask another doctor just to make sure that you shouldn't be on some sort of antibiotic. Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hydrogen peroxide and mrsa [ 11 Answers ]

Does hydrogen peroxide cleanse the blood of mrsa?

Kill MRSA with bacteriaphages? [ 8 Answers ]

I would like to know peoples opinions on this :- Can MRSA be treated with bacteria phages? Phages are bacteria viruses which do not infect people. The can evolve as fast (if not faster) than resistant strains of bacteria. One dose could kill a whole wards worth of MRSA. It works in a...

Is MRSA airborne [ 5 Answers ]

:confused: Is MRSA airborne. There's a person at my husbands place of employment that was told by her Dr that she might have it on wound on her leg.

MRSA Staph Infection [ 3 Answers ]

My roommate has been diagnosed with MRSA Staph infection. She has boils and one burst. She went to the doctor and he told her she has this and also developed pneummonia because of it. I want to know how contagious this is because I live in the same apartment as her. :eek:

MRSA and pregnancy [ 3 Answers ]

I am a nurse in a long term care facility. I found out today that the facility I work for is thinking about taking someone that has MRSA... I know the affects of MRSA on the healthy unpregnant adult, but am very concerned since I am 34 weeks pregnant. I plan to call my doctor if this woman is...

View more questions Search