Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mfroio Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2008, 06:42 AM
    14 year old dog nervous?
    I am not sure if she is nervous, but she is not sleeping very much, always hungry, and thirsty, and wanting to go out to use the bathroom, When she is outside she is smelling everything. All these behaviors are new, she was sleeping almost all day, she has never been a big eater even as a puppy etc etc, I am packing up to move and that always stresses her out, but what if it is something bigger? Any help, Please, She has a doctors appointment but not until Monday, but if it is serious I can bring her to a 24 hour hospital!

Thanks
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2008, 07:31 AM
    mfroio, at her age, a sudden change like that does require medical attention. I don't want to speculate as to what it might be. It can be the result of many things and without the benefit of an in depth conversation along with a physical exam & blood work up, we will only be offering up suggestions without any basis in fact, and possibly make you a nervous wreck in the process. If you are very worried and she appears to be in distress, I would suggest you get her in to see someone today or tomorrow.
    mfroio Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2008, 08:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RubyPitbull
    mfroio, at her age, a sudden change like that does require medical attention. I don't want to speculate as to what it might be. It can be the result of many things and without the benefit of an in depth conversation along with a physical exam & blood work up, we will only be offering up suggestions without any basis in fact, and possibly make you a nervous wreck in the process. If you are very worried and she appears to be in distress, I would suggest you get her in to see someone today or tomorrow.

Thanks RubyPitbull, This has been very difficult, I get so stressed when I bring her to the doctor, It is almost like I do not want to know, hard to explain, but looks like we are going today. Again Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What to do with a nervous dog? [ 2 Answers ]

Trink's always been, at best, a cautious dog... not one to take changes in stride. And I have now got two different situations going on that I need help with. Number one: What's the best thing to do with those minor stressful situations? For example, I had bought some stuff, and was taking it...

My 2 1/2 year old dog is having Seizures [ 2 Answers ]

My 2 1/2 year old dog german shepherd and terrier mix has periodic seizures. They do not seem to present like epilepsy. He will all of a sudden (about 4 to 6 times the last 6 months that we have witnessed) has an uncrontrollable shaking, the right back leg seems not to support him, his ears go...

New 3 year old dog won't eat [ 1 Answers ]

How do I get a dog who is 3yrs to eat ? I just got her on sat. and today is Mon.

My 9 year old dog won't eat [ 4 Answers ]

My dog eats all they time but lately he hasn't at anything what's wrong with him? :confused:

3 year old female dog keeps crying [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 3 year old female dog,She loves to play with small stuffed toys.In the last week she has started crying and does not really have any energy to do anything.She carrys these toys around with her and crys all the time.She will take them all to her bed and lay on them and then one by one she...

View more questions Search