Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    firestar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2008, 06:02 AM
    Judgements/how to remove from credit report
    I had a judgement filed against me in early 2006.The amount was$135.00 I paid off
    The judgement within two months.My problem is that although I have sent a copy of
    The court papers which are marked.. case status.closed.I also sent a copy of the check
    Along with the check number and the amount,everything requested of me by the
    Credit bureaus I have complied with and they still refuse to remove the judgement
    From my credit report.Every time they state that I have not provided sufficient proof.
    I at this time have nothing else left to submit... please help.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 25, 2008, 06:26 AM
    Hello fire:

The credit bureaus are not your friends.

First off, your judgment doesn't come off even though you paid it. It stays for 10 years. Yes, it's marked PAID, but that doesn't help your credit score much. Plus, when you correspond with them, that starts the clock all over again.

The only way to get if off your report is to challenge it according to the procedure outlined in the paperwork that accompanied your credit report. However, after having sent them a check showing that you paid it off, it's going to be really hard to tell them that the judgment isn't yours. That, however, is exactly what you're going to have to tell them.

Just a bit of advice that you didn't ask for. Before you start messing around with stuff this important, you should investigate the law on the matter first. Cause if you don't, you could shoot yourself in the foot like you did here.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 25, 2008, 06:38 AM
    Yes, a judgement is a judgement, now it is a paid judgement, it should show paid but because it is a court action it may remain on your credit report
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2008, 09:30 AM
    These answers are correct in that you can't just have it taken off your credit reports.

The only thing you can do now, is make sure it is marked paid, and that the creditor that filed the judgment has filed a satisfaction of judgment at the court house where it was filed.

You will see this on your credit reports for about seven years from the date is is marked paid, unless the creditor continues to report it.

If they keep reporting it, after seven years, you may have to take steps to get it removed.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 25, 2008, 09:55 AM
    Hello again:

All the negative comments fall off after seven years, EXCEPT judgments. They come off after ten years from the date of last activity.

excon
    Helpman Posts: 39, Reputation: 2

Feb 6, 2008, 09:29 PM
    Thanks for great advice, I have a Q connection to this, If they got judgment and file motion to vacate judgment, then CB can remove Judgment from it's file? Thanks
    Cvillecpm Posts: 553, Reputation: 28

Feb 7, 2008, 12:12 PM
    Whoever you paid needs to file a SATISFACTION OF JUDGMENT with the court - you should be directing your efforts to THEM - not the court or the credit bureau
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 7, 2008, 02:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cvillecpm
    Whoever you paid needs to file a SATISFACTION OF JUDGMENT with the court - you should be directing your efforts to THEM - not the court or the credit bureau

A satisfaction of judgment does not remove it from a credit report - only time can do that.
    DLC ENTERPRISES Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2008, 07:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by firestar
    I had a judgement filed against me in early 2006.The amount was$135.00 I paid off
    the judgement within two months.My problem is that although I have sent a copy of
    the court papers which are marked..case status.closed.I also sent a copy of the check
    along with the check number and the amount,everything requested of me by the
    credit bureaus I have complied with and they still refuse to remove the judgement
    from my credit report.Every time they state that I have not provided sufficient proof.
    I at this time have nothing else left to submit.....please help.
    I can help u on that i have legal credit forms i do myself plus i repair my credit every week with these form i have myself you can e-mail me at [email protected] with you contact information to help u as well

Thank you
    Mr leonard

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Credit - judgements [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: How do you remove judgements from your credit file -- mind you they have been paid?

Credit Card judgements [ 5 Answers ]

I am in the process of getting a divorce and mine and my spouses credit cards are way out of control, I figure I am going to have to file Bankruptcy but I am worried about the credit cards having such a high balance. Is there a certain dollar amount that they will take further action like filing a...

Credit card judgements [ 2 Answers ]

I live in SC, what items are exempt from being sold in a property seize.

Judgements on a credit report [ 2 Answers ]

How does a judgement get to your credit report? If I had a judgement against me, the court did not ask for my SSN. How will the credit agencies find out about the judgement? Does the plaintiff have to do something to make the credit agencies aware of the judgement? Thanks! Jw

Credit card judgements [ 1 Answers ]

I have a collection agency that is after me for a credit card debt that I owe. I'm not looking to not pay the credit card company, I'm just waiting to come across some money Where I can pay off the balance altogether in full. I keep telling the collection agency That I will send them some money...

View more questions Search