Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    theus26 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2008, 09:41 PM
    Am I being sued for the right reasons
    Well,on dec.of 2006, my boyfriend drove his friend and his mother to the mall in their car,as we were on our way home we came upon a light which had just turned green ,but as soon as we turned this car came from the other direction and we hit,but no one was hurt only a few dents in both cars a police did come to the scene.So now my boyfriend got a letter saying that he had to go to court because he was being sued plus the owner of the vehicle he was driving apparently they didn't have any insurance on the car that my boyfriend drove. The man that hit us had dental records from nov.of 2006 which was before the accident even happened and another picture that was for dec of last yr and the estimate of his car which was like 3,000 pain and suffering plus those dental records that didn't make since so what should my boyfriend do because he was just doing a favor he didn't know the car wasn't inusred because they told him it was
    cgregory67 Posts: 92, Reputation: 7

Jan 25, 2008, 12:18 AM
    Was you boyfriend charged by police for the accident?
    theus26 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2008, 04:13 AM
    No, by the other driver or either the other driver,s ins. Company
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jan 25, 2008, 01:57 PM
    If it was somebody else's car and your boyfriend was driving why are you being sued?

Saying the accident was your bf's fault---The other drivers insurance should include coverage to HIS vehicle for if a non insured vehicle wrecks into it. They still would have deductibles and if the damages exceeded the coverage the other car owner and the driver are responsible for them. The court says the driver is responsible because they say you are suppose to check the owners insurance, registration, etc... before you ever consider borrowing their car and the owner didn't wreck the car.
    Anyway no matter the other facts the car owner(s) can both come after you for any damages not covered by the insurance.
    The reason he showed previous was to show how his teeth looked before the accident so there would be a way to show the difference of the damage.

The court does not care about favors they care about what IS LAW.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 25, 2008, 02:01 PM
    The boyfriend and the owner of the other car can both be sued, sounds like they assume your boyfriend has more money than the owner of the car.

They will have to do two things in court. 1. have to prove he was at fault, either by telling what happened, or by the police report or both.
    2. prove that the injuries were caused by the wreck.

So in that you will have to prove it was the other drivers fault, or if it was boyfriends fault, show that the medical bills are bogus.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2008, 02:47 PM
    theus26 asks: "what should my boyfriend do because he was just doing a favor he didnt know the car wasnt insured because they told him it was"? Does your boyfriend have liability insurance on his car, or is he an insured on another policy? If so, he may get his insurer to represent him in this case. In any event, he needs to get a competent lawyer. What your boyfriend received may not be a letter, but a suit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Name Reasons. [ 10 Answers ]

Ok serious replies only. Name Reasons and only reasons the ex would try to make you jealous.

Is there any reasons [ 2 Answers ]

Is there any reasons a new collar worker would not want the same benefits and clout that blue collar workers were able to get by unionizing?

13 Reasons to Smile! [ 4 Answers ]

Jaime sends me the cutest things sometimes... Here's another one. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did - http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_19.gif 13 Reasons to Smile Now that food has replaced sex in my life, I can't even get into my own pants. Marriage changes...

View more questions Search