Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    klmgb Posts: 114, Reputation: 13

Jan 11, 2006, 07:12 PM
    88 Jeep Cherokee Transmission
    My son has an 88 Jeep Cherokee, Automatic 4X4. The reverse just went out in it. Goes in to drive OK, but nothing in reverse, I assume it's the transmission. My question is how safe is it for him to drive until he can get it fixed? I believe all the parts inside the transmission are different for reverse than they are for the forward gears so I wouldn't think there'd be much chance the rest would go out on him. Would it??
    educatedhorse_2005 Posts: 500, Reputation: 78

Jan 12, 2006, 10:04 AM
    I wouldn't drive the jeep at all
    Unless you are going to put a completely new transmission in it
    When one thing goes bad I won't belong till they all do
    I14E26 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2006, 10:11 AM
    I wouldn't drive the jeep at all. The more he drives it there is a possibility that he will mess up more.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2001 Jeep Cherokee Tailight issue [ 3 Answers ]

As of this morning I no longer have any working tail-lights or front parking lights. I do however have functional stop-lights and front blinkers so the bulbs themselves are good. I have checked all of the fuses on the fuse panel and in the engine compartment and none are blown, I have checked the...

1995 jeep grand cherokee larado [ 1 Answers ]

Hi guys Rear driver side tire worn right down from the middleto the inside.Switched Tire,right side to left side.Now it seems that the right tire is doing the same ware pattern to.Again from the middle to the inside.All tires are the same Size at 35lbs,235\75\15.Removed both rear tires for...

View more questions Search