Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    educatedhorse_2005 Posts: 500, Reputation: 78

Jan 11, 2006, 06:54 PM
    How long do I have to pay bounced checks
    I have 700 dollars worth of bounced checks have been making payments can they take me to court
    Thank you
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2006, 06:58 PM
    Yes, they can take you to court. No, they "probably" won't if you are making payments to them. Just keep it up and stay in communication with them. The more time that passes between payments, the more likely they are to attempt to sue you for the difference.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 11, 2006, 07:49 PM
    To court
    They can take you to court ( or even press criminal charges against you) any time as soon as the checks are returned to them.

If you are making payments and they are accepting the payments, as long as you don't stop and are not late most likely they will not,
    But they may remind you they can if you are late perhaps

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

About background checks [ 5 Answers ]

I am looking for a new job, and want to find out how to get a background check on myself, some of my passed employment dates may be incorrect. Just want to see what a possible employer will see about me.?

Bounced check - bank mistake [ 2 Answers ]

I have discover credit card - they send me blank check that, I can write for up to my credit limit and it's going to be 0% interest rate for 12 months. I deposited the check in my account - discover card posted the check on my account for $10,000. 3 weeks later, I found out that check was...

Insurance checks [ 2 Answers ]

Do I have to report insurance checks I received following a job accident? If yes, How ? I haven't received any form except the W2 for the income prior to the accident. Thank you.

Background Checks [ 2 Answers ]

My husband recently applied for a supervisor position at a large corporation. He was asked to fill out paperwork for a background check, physical, urine, etc... They made him a "conditional offer". I am concerned because we have had some credit problems over the last year and a half -- we...

View more questions Search