Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tommydigger Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2008, 06:29 PM
    Evaporative emissions control sensor
    I have a 98 Cavalier & just replaced my plugs wires & air filter because the car was stalling. After doing this the problem continued so I purchased an OBD2 to test. I get the code P0452 which is Evaporative Emission Control System Pressure Sensor Low Input. What is this & how do I get it fixed?
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jan 25, 2008, 05:45 AM
    That DTC indicates a problem with the fuel tank pressure sensor or circuit.
    The sensor monitors vacuum inside the fuel tank during Evap operation.
    Diagnostics on Evap systems are extensive and require a digital voltmeter and a scan tool that is up to date.
    The fault could be the tank pressure sensor, the vehicles PCM, or wiring harness concerns.
    That code may also be erroneous, and should not be responsible for the vehicle stalling.
    Further diagnosis is necessary.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

MAP sensor;Mass Airflow sensor;Volume Air sensor-All Same? [ 8 Answers ]

97 Nissan Pickup - 160,000 miles - KA24E engine -Check engine Soon Light Code reader says volume air sensor. Is this the same as a mass airflow sensor or the MAP sensor? Where is this sensor located, in the throttle body injection? Just threw a new O2 (Bosch)sensor on it, I lost that bet.. it...

Evaporative Emission Control System Purge Control Valve circuit Malfunction [ 3 Answers ]

p0443 Evaporative Emission Control System Purge Control Valve circuit Malfunction on mazda melinia s 1996 83k?what is the next stip? I cleared the check engine light and it went off ,and after 60miles driving it cames back again?why and how can I fix it ? Also what is the cheapest way to reset...

G-8 GW emissions agreement [ 1 Answers ]

At the G-8 summit an agreement was reached to “seriously consider” a proposal to halve greenhouse-gas emissions by 2050.The goal is not mandatory, but rather a “target.” One of the key factors in the proposal is the effort to get China and India on board, because without them,...

Honda Engine Light on Computer shows Emissions [ 5 Answers ]

Hi everybody-my 2000 Honda Civic engine light came on. I took it to Auto Zone and emissions showed up. The Auto Zone guy said I probably have a leak in one of the hoses. He even noticed my car is really shaky. Is this something I can take care of myself? How do I go about doing that? By all means I...

View more questions Search