Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bellasenora60 Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Jan 24, 2008, 06:16 PM
    Could I really be pregnant? Nervous wreck! Yikes!
    My boyfriend and I have been sexually active since December now. My hormones have always been weird, I had percosious (sp?) puberty as a kid. My periods were so severe that I had to go on birth control, in both the quantity and pain. I now take some weird birth control that's expensive, and usually it's really nice, does exactly what I want it to. But the last time, I had only taken it maybe 2 or 3 days, maybe even one, and then had intercourse. My hormones are really weird, and sensitive, I mean we're careful, if we don't have protection he does not come inside of me, but I mean... I've seen it... it leaks... sorry for the visual but it does! And I've always been a skinny girl, and I've always been a very healthy eater, I mean I'm studying to become a nutritionist for gods sakes! But lately, I've had tons of junk food cravings, especially chocolate, and I always want snacks even when I'm not hungry at all. I get tons of headaches, and I sneeze a lot now... not to mention I'm so so bloated, it's hard for me to keep my stomach muscles in, and I work my abs EVERY DAY. I have trouble concentrating, and I have cried for insanely stupid reasons at least 4 days out of the week. I am so tired, I fall asleep during every class I'm in... I'm young... so my hormones are still pretty sensitive I guess... and I'm just babbling nervously now... but it looks like my birth control may have failed me considering they weren't for birth control at all, they might supposed to be working like that, but... is it possible? Please help,
    It will be grately appreciated, I'm just a scared kid, please be merciful, If you must critize me before you help me than go ahead, just help me
    davejag Posts: 308, Reputation: 5

Jan 24, 2008, 06:24 PM
    You know no one should criticize you this web site is here for you to ask questions and get information. Well what I would do if you have a doctor on campus or near you go see him or her, explain your symptoms. See you could be pregnant but of course there could be something more serious going on that you may not know about. As well get a pregnancy test just to make sure, as well speak to your partner about your concerns don't bottle it up that's never good.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Jan 25, 2008, 02:08 PM
    This may be hard to hear, but you could very well become pregnant this way. Birth control must be taken correctly and even then its possible to become pregnant. Not taking it daily, and having intercourse without a condom increases your risk.

You should consider taking a pregnancy test and depending on the results, call your doctor. If you're pregnant, you'll need care and if you're not, you should discuss options for more affordable birth control.
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Jan 25, 2008, 02:27 PM
    I think you should take a pregnancy test. If you are worried about false results, go get one at the doctor's office. It is possible that you are pregnant. Even when you take birth control right, it still isn't 100%. I have a good friend who got pregnant while taking it religiously at the same time every day.

I would just take the test. Stress and/or PMS could be making you feel bloated, having cravings, etc. Just try to relax, take a hot bath, drink plenty of water and try to take care of yourself. If you find out you aren't pregnant, make sure to use a condom even if you are on birth control.

I know waiting is hard when you don't know. If you need to talk, I'll be here. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Overnight party. Yikes. [ 4 Answers ]

I'm so scared. You may read my other questions. Well yes this is my first boyfriend and just letting you know I'm not stupid. But were going to an overnight party. Yes I'm 13. But nowadays they are normal. But I will be with a ton of friends. And some ofamily members. And my boyfriend. YIKES. I am...

We're a nervous wreck, what does this brown discharge mean? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, if anybody can please help us it would be greatly appreciated. My girlfriend is on the 'daily ge' birth control pill .She has been on this for 17 months now. She originally started on a different pill but has been on the daily ge for about a year or so I would say. We always have unprotected...

6 weeks pregnant and nervous. [ 1 Answers ]

I just found out that I am pregnant (the doctor quessed that I am 5 or 6 weeks) which is quite a shock beacause about 6 weeks ago I was diagnosed with insulin resistant polycycstic ovarian syndrome - basically that means that my ovaries were not functioning properly... I am so excited to be...

Car wreck [ 5 Answers ]

I was involved in a car accident a week ago as a passenger. The car was totaled per insurance agent. I went to the dr. and was given pain medicine and told that I had inflammation in my shoulders and swelling and pain in my hand(it hit and cracked the windshield). I am fine other than swelling...

Gound Moles YIKES [ 4 Answers ]

I have a GREAT BIG Mole problem. They are invading my yard at a very fast rate. It seems every morning I look outside they have built another condo. I have been reading different ideas... But really WHAT works... Human urine.. doggie poo... Murphy oil soap, hot peppers... Yikes... I don't want...

View more questions Search