Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PopcornSunshineKisses Posts: 60, Reputation: 4

Jan 24, 2008, 05:59 PM
    In High school Thinking about things to do After High school.
    Im In Grade 11 and I don't know what I want too do when I get out of High school
    So I started looking into it and I want to do something that I would be passionate about
    Anyone know any good Websites or any Info for someone who
    Doesn't Know what too do yet with there life??
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 24, 2008, 06:00 PM
    What are some of the things that you currently like to do and are maybe skilled at doing?

Do you have any thoughts of going to a college or university of some kind?

Jan 24, 2008, 06:28 PM
    I'm currently in a lot of different art classes
    See that's what I mean I've just been so I guess Clueless into what I want to become in life that's why I've asked about websites and such to get a feel for what I can do.
    I mean teachers handout things like this but I rather Look Threw a site then just get a panflit
    Uber Member

Jan 24, 2008, 06:30 PM
    You mention art. What kind of art do you like to do the most?

Jan 24, 2008, 06:36 PM
    Realizum Depends Charcole too I was thinking about being a graphic artist or an art teacher But they just don't apeal to me
    Uber Member

Jan 24, 2008, 06:42 PM
    Would you like to be introduced to some of the other artists on this site? You would find it very helpful to you if you would meet some of them!

Jan 24, 2008, 07:01 PM
    I think that would help a lot thank you :)
    Uber Member

Jan 24, 2008, 07:10 PM
    Good! What I would suggest doing then is checking out the following thread. You can get to it by clicking on the following link. https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/art/ar...ou-133294.html

The thread is huge! But, please don't be intimidated by it. You might want to skip to some of the pages that are near the end of it. We are a bunch of artists over there who are also very supportive of one another. Please come and join us! Just feel free to pop in and say "Hi!"

I have already contacted another artist to help you in your decisions as to what you might do after you graduate from high school. I don't know how soon she will get here, though.
    Uber Member

Jan 24, 2008, 07:11 PM
    I am still wondering if you are considering any schooling such as college, etc. after high school. It would be helpful if you would let us know that.
    Uber Member

Jan 24, 2008, 07:51 PM
    I do want to just add, that if you are looking for websites that will help you to figure out what you are going to do after high school, that is exactly one of the things that you can do on this website. You might not need to look any further. Plus, this site is extremely well monitored, unlike so many other sites where you can actually communicate with other people.
    jrebel7 Posts: 1,255, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2008, 08:17 PM
    Hey there Popcorn!

I never did like school, went because I had to... was in "Special Art" classes which meant I had them all year long with more emphasis on Fine Art rather then having diversified classes which did not deal with any one subject long enough to do it justice.

I went to college, not because of my desire to go to college but received a scholarship and didn't feel I should waste it. GREAT DECISION I made. LOL The first two years, you are generally taking required courses which some were a drag, some were great, depended on the instructor. If the instructor was passionate about the subject, I tended to be also and enjoyed the class. If not, I just did the work for the grade. But during the first two years, I also took art classes. I ended up going for a "Teaching Degree in Secondary Education". Did not have the desire to teach at that time but was getting more education in art and those first two years were also giving me time to look at other areas I might want to go into.

I am an artist, have a website and do sell my work. My minor was in history which has helped me to enjoy the things I love such as Archeology, history of the area I live in, etc.

If you will go to the link Clough gave you for The Artist In You, I think it will open up worlds to you and I for one would like to say Welcome to the Family!

I will wait to hear back. I know school might not have been what you are looking for but just thought I would put that out there first thing. With a degree, you can get your foot in the doors of businesses even if your degree is not in the field you are job searching whereas without a college degree, you cannot most of the time. I promise you that future discussions on this post will be more fun than this one. Just had to put this info out there to think about. Best to you!

Jan 24, 2008, 08:29 PM
    Thank you Both For this Help I'm Looking at the link right now :) and ill get back too you both on it Asap This is helping me out a lot
    You Wouldn't Believe How Much.
    jrebel7 Posts: 1,255, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2008, 09:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by PopcornSunshineKisses
    Thank you Both For this Help im Looking at the link right now :) and ill get back too you both on it Asap This is helping me out alot
    You Wouldnt Belive How Much.
    Glad to hear you are enjoying the site and the art thread. So much there to absorb but worth every minute of the time spent. A person not only has the opportunity of viewing great art but also gets a little insight into each artist... who they are as a person, what makes them perceive and produce their art the way they do... just a great thread. :)
    Uber Member

Jan 24, 2008, 09:36 PM
    I ditto the above and just want to add that the possible influences that you can get from the people on a thread such as that can be far-reaching!
    rockerchick_682 Posts: 496, Reputation: 72

Jan 24, 2008, 09:52 PM
    Ask your counsler at school about bridges. It's a site where you take a quiz and it gives multiple careers based on what your answers were.

Don't worry, no one really knows what they want to do. Just make sure you go to college and try some things you might be interested in and then you'll figure it out later.
    marquis09 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2008, 12:42 PM

Any ideas for things I can do
    marquis09 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2008, 12:47 PM

I truly want to go to college but I don't know what 4 what is the address 4 that site
    timtim-awesim Posts: 54, Reputation: -2

Dec 8, 2008, 08:20 PM

Go to college. Also, getting a girl pregnant will help make a lot of decisions for you!
    kayl9750 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2008, 12:26 PM
    If you live in Ontario, Canada there is a website called Welcome to Career Cruising. The user name is simcoe and the password is 31480. You answer a bunch of questions and it gives you jobs. I don't know if it works out of ontario.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

High school drop out [ 19 Answers ]

I dropped out of school a month ago because my dad kicked me out because he's abusive and now I live with a friend I'm 18years old and have no idea what to do in order to get a car if I have no kind of transportation to a job... I'm just lost and really don't know what to do? What should I do?...

Would a senior guy in high school go out with a sophomore girl in high school? [ 7 Answers ]

I am a sophomore in high school and I like this senior guy in my school. Last year I went out with this guy who was my age and he was way to imature for me, and wasn't looking for a real relationship, it somethimes seemed to be a friends with benefits thing then a relationship, all he ever wanted...

Freashman at high school [ 16 Answers ]

Well there are a couple of things... 1. what should I wear to the first day of school? 2. I'm just starting hs and ik a lot of people. But I've never gone to school w/ any of the kids going there. Some are nice and some are different. I like all the kids I know which is pretty much all the...

Major high school headache [ 3 Answers ]

Okay so here's the thing, I'm starting high school in a few months I mean I'm already finishing eighth grade, but the thing is, my mom put me in a school I DESPISE for eighth grade an dits a high school also, she says she's keeping me in it for good.. well until I graduate 12. What in the world do...

View more questions Search