Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    finzi Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2008, 04:41 PM
    Strange chewing habits?
    Hello - I haven't been on here for a while, but I greatly appreciate the thoughts and advice that have been shared, so I'm back!

I have no serious problem, just an item of curiosity. Our 2 and 1/2 year old 56 pound Rhodesian/Boxer female often chews on our 8 month old male Miniature Schnauzer. It doesn't seem to be an aggressive thing - they do a lot of that other parts of the day. But what I'm asking about is strange, almost gnawing on his fur. It looks like she is rubbing only her front teeth to chew off fleas or something! Any thoughts? Finzi doesn't seem to mind - he passively lies there and lets it happen. It seems so funny!
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2008, 07:03 AM
    Hi finzi! Nice to see you again. She is simply grooming your little guy. It doesn't mean he has fleas. It means they have bonded and she has taken on a mothering role.
    rpg219 Posts: 504, Reputation: 81

Jan 25, 2008, 07:13 AM
    Awwww, how sweet. It's kind of like how cats lick each other. I haven't seen that much in dogs, but nothing wrong with it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Habits and earhquakes [ 1 Answers ]

Can earthquakes change insect habits?:confused:

Eating habits [ 7 Answers ]

I want know what can I take to give me an good eating habit. I don't eat much. What I have to do to start eating

Bad habits [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I am a Romanian and I have a 3 year old son. Last week he stopped wearing pampers and he discovered he has a penis and his kindergarten teachers told me today that he plays with it in front of the other kids. Apparently, he enjoys it. I am... well, hm, not happy let's say. I almost started...

Collie habits [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, my collie has just found a dead deer in the woods and he has rolled all over it any info how too get rid of the smell,:mad: :mad: thanks

View more questions Search