Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mcorzo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2008, 01:04 PM
    Landlord/Tenant
    All and any help/advice/assistance is greately appreciated.

I live in Florida, I have signed a lease on a property for a one year period. But after only 2 months of living in this property the owner is going into FORECLOSURE.

Here are my concern:
    First of all no where in the lease contract that I signed says anything about the landlord being able to terminate the lease BEFORE its expiration date due to selling of the property. It ONLY states that landlord can terminate if tenants causes it for any misconduct or not paying rent etc...

I need to know what my rights as a tenant are and the landlord's.

Thanks
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2008, 03:31 PM
    Get ready to move.

Your Landlord is not breaking the lease, he is in foreclosure. The bank is going to take the house away from him. Were I in your place, I would not pay him any more rent. Put the rent in a savings account until this gets sorted out. When the bank takes the house, offer to stay there until they sell it for an amount lower than what you were paying your landlord.

If the bank thinks the amount you offer is enough, they may just let you stay since something is better than nothing if they force you to move out. With the money in the bank, you can pay what ever amount you and the bank agree on.

Good Luck to you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

VA landlord/Tenant [ 1 Answers ]

I have a tenant who has been late with rent since January and is late for May and I will get the money June for May. I have felt sorry because she has children but should I send her a letter and say what?

Landlord/Tenant [ 6 Answers ]

Landlord is suing me in small claims court, for not providing a written notice, damage to Unit, Garbage disposal and for unpaid rent, I did give two months verbal notice, did not damage unit, have all copies of cheques paid and a letter from One of the partner stating I have paid my rent on time...

Landlord Tenant [ 6 Answers ]

I have a problem with my landlord and the association and I need your assistance. The property is in North Brunswick, NJ In June, my landlord received a letter, dated June 16th, stating that I have placed some miscellaneous items (Couple of buckets and a mop stick) on the deck of my rented...

Tenant vs. Landlord, VA [ 4 Answers ]

This one is a bit complicated... any help would be greatly appreciated... I was told by a woman I was working with that she had a house I could move in to and pay her "whatever" for the moment because she was paying the mortgage and it was empty. Something is better than nothing. I moved in...

View more questions Search