Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fulghum Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2008, 10:01 AM
    Power of attorney
    My wife is in a probation detention center and I need to get power of attorney for some medical records. What is the easiest way? Can I do it without hiring legal help?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 24, 2008, 10:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by fulghum
    My wife is in a probation detention center and I need to get power of attorney for some medical records. What is the easiest way? Can I do it without hiring legal help?

Yes, a Power of Attorney is a fairly simple form and depending on why you need it you might not need an Attorney - would need more info.

I believe "most" holding centers will allow people to sign legal documents; "many" prisons and jails will not.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 24, 2008, 05:23 PM
    You can have your wife ask to have someone prepare a power of attorney for her at the detention center. She signs it, has it notarized and gives it to you (or mails it to you).

You don't have to get an attorney involved. Jails routinely do this for the inmates as this is nothing out of the ordinary for them to do. Detention centers should be able to do this for her.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fee for being Power of Attorney [ 5 Answers ]

A sister and myself are co-power of attorney for another sister. Can we charge a fee? If so, how much? Does this vary by state? The POA was done in Pennsylvania. Thanks

Power of attorney [ 3 Answers ]

Can you get a power of attorney for a person than can no longer write or comprehend what you are asking? The person is terminally ill, in hospice.

Power of Attorney [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question about the Power of Attorney Law in Pennsylvania. Is there a difference when two people are names as Power of Attorney for someone, if the wording is "AND" or "AND OR"? What does the different mean? If it POA says "AND" and one named POA does things without the...

Power of attorney [ 1 Answers ]

My husband is illiterate can I become his power of attorney for a child adoption

Power of Attorney [ 2 Answers ]

If you have issued a power of attorney in the past, is there a time this expires? How do you revoke a power of attorney if you do not know if it is still in effect?

View more questions Search