Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    frauali Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2008, 08:50 AM
    Birth control, weight gain?
    Does it make you gain weight? I tend to think so. If I stop taking it will my weight go back down faster? Also do I need to consult my doctor before taking birth control? I am on Seasonale.
    bumfluff123 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2008, 05:12 AM
    I use birth control and when I first went on it my doctor told me that I will not make me gain weight but could possibly increase my appetite. It's all to do with will power I'm afraid
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jan 27, 2008, 12:18 AM
    That's one of those things that tends to be different for every woman. And yes, of couse you need to consult a doctor before taking because because they have to give you a precription for it and sometimes its necessary to do blood work and they help you determine which pill is best for you.
    mjl Posts: 486, Reputation: 26

Jan 27, 2008, 05:40 PM
    I'm sure it is different for every women, and every different brand of pills. Though I must add, from my experience I have not gained weight. I was on them for a year then stopped taking them for about 6 months, then I started taking them again. I didn't find a change in my weight or appetite throughout any part of it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Birth Control causes birth defects? [ 1 Answers ]

So I take Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo and was reading some info about it and noticed that it said you should not take it if you are pregnant (obviously!) because it causes birth defects. So then I started wondering, what if you are taking it and for some reason it doesn't work and you end up pregnant (as...

How do I gain weight! [ 3 Answers ]

I have the opposite problem of most people in this category. I am 5 9 and weigh only 120 lbs and I eat like a garbage disposal, drink weight gainer, and lift weights. I am 27 years old. Anyone have a clue what is wrong with this picture?

I need my dog to gain weight [ 2 Answers ]

My dog Jake is almost a year old and I live in Alaska and he has no fat he is inside most of the time and is a sweet dog he is husky collie mix and he just looks to skinny how do I help him gain weight safely?:confused:

Weight gain [ 1 Answers ]

My son is very tall 6'2 and only weighs 135. He would like to gain some weight. Is there anything he can take to help. He eats very well, but gains no weight.

I need to gain weight [ 4 Answers ]

I have 2 kids and I'm 5"tall and weight no more than 85 lbs.. I love food and I eat a lot.I'm not trying to lose weight cause I don't like to look skinny.. I can never gain weight and when I do I lose them after a while.. I've gain a lot of weight when I was pregnant but I lost it after I had the...

View more questions Search