Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pitaace Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2008, 07:58 AM
    My GF is going to Cali and to college what should I do?
    Ok so me and my GF have been going out for 7 months now and I have been dealing with the fact for a bit now that she is going to Cali to go to college there and she is also moving there with her mom and sister so she will no longer be living here but will be visiting during breaks. I currently live in IL and go to college there. We are already in a "long-distance relationship" as my college is over an hour in a half away from her. I just turned 21 and she is 18. When she goes to California she claims that she wants to start on a clean slate once she gets there that means no serious relationships when she gets there and at first she just wanted us to be friends once she got there. I got her to decide on the middle ground of an open-relationship so that when we can and do see each other we would not have the awkward friends situation which we know would happen because we love each other too much. I also decided to let her be free once she goes to college so we can both experience other relationships this was hard enough to do but I know its probably the right thing to do. It just pains me though because we still love each other dearly but we are stuck since she is leaving. But my real dilemma lies in if I should stay with her now? Because when she does go to college she said that she was going to push me aside some, minimize our relationship so its easier transition for her. However, when she actually does go to college in Cali and moves there we will be going out for a whole year. Yes I know its stupid to think that we maybe together for another 5 months but the way our relationship is going the only thing that can break us up is this whole cali deal. I really do want to stay together with her until she goes to Cali because I love her very much and want to spend time together now before she goes off but on the otherhand I want to break-up with her now or at least have an open-realtionship now so it makes it easier for me to make that transition when she goes to Cali. I want to stay with her now because I know if I break up with her now then there is that pull to get back together again since she is still pretty close and it would be hard to do that with her being so close. So mainly I'm asking what should I do concerning my situation? Break-up with her now and deal with still seeing her sometimes since I can still see her? Have an open-realtionship now? Or just wait until summer when she leaves and enjoy the time we have together now? Thanks for your help.
    raggablue Posts: 347, Reputation: 22

Jan 24, 2008, 08:06 AM
    Id say enjoy it while you can, my g/f went to india a while ago and that was real tough because we spent too much time worrying what to do and not enough enjoying the time we had left
    alyssarox32 Posts: 70, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2008, 08:19 AM
    Hey Pitaace,

If you really 'loved' her, you would respect her and giver her, her space. This is a typical college siuation. I don't blame her for wanting to start fresh but at the same time I don't blame you for not wanting to let her go. I think that you should enjoy the time you two have together and not worry about when you are going to be apart. If it's meant to be, it will be but you already know that. And if you two truly loved each other, you would both find a way to be with each other as much as possible.

I hope this helped! Good luck!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 24, 2008, 08:31 AM
    A nice clean break up is what you need.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1999 credit card debt , sued 2007 cali, satute? [ 18 Answers ]

Hello, I am new here and I am very grateful on some expert advice that help a lot on my credit card debt... I'll make it simple.I was summoned by a collection agency or/ lawyer and I answered them back,learned from this site to ask for debt validationin writing . Now this is what I face ...

Probation violation in Cali. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm from California doing 3 years probation for felony lewd conduct with a minor. She was my girlfriend and we ended up having a baby girl together. She was 16 and I was 20. At 6 months we told her parents together and I really wanted to help raise my baby. Anyway, they called the cops and...

College guy suddenly confusing college girl [ 4 Answers ]

So here's the deal: I entered college midyear. During my first week, I met this incredibly nice & cute guy. We hit it off. We spent hours just talking in his room. He drove me to the bookstore to get my books. We went out for fast food a couple times. Things got complicated when he decided to...

Interstate Transfer from CO to Cali [ 1 Answers ]

To make a long story longer, here's my situation... 1. Got probation for a Domestic Violence charge back in May 2006 2. Got a DUI May 4th 2007 3. Probation was revoked because of the DUI 4. Am doing daily B.A's and seeing my Probation person once a month. 5. Just lost my license today 6. Was...

Am I married? In Cali [ 1 Answers ]

My husband cheated on me. I stuck it out for a year. But then he stopped coming home. So I finally saw what it was doing to the kids(grand). So I took kids and moved back to my parents. He then even stopped talking to our children. It was like he jumped off the side of the earth, he just...

View more questions Search