Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    daniellesides Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2008, 06:07 AM
    I found a red pill in my house and don't know what it is.
    I was walking through my house after we had company over, and found a bright red capsule on the floor. It doesn't have any words, or letters on it, it just has the numbers
    393146. What is it?
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2008, 06:12 AM
    The best thing you can do is call your pharamacy. They will be more than happy to tell you and the information should be accurate. Also you could call poison control. Or you could Google up a pill finder website.. I would say that is less accurate... more room for error.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 24, 2008, 06:41 AM
    Consulting with a pharmacist, is of course the best thing to do. If the pharmacist can see the pill in person, that would be best. When taking it to a pharmacist, they can then visit with you and dispose of the pill properly, if that is necessary. It's possible that it might be a really expensive medication that one of your guests may need to be returned to them.

There are some sites that people do use for the identification of pills. One such site is on the following link. Pill Identifier - Drugs.com The information on a site such as that, and other sites like it, is good, but not foolproof. But, it's certainly better to use a site that has sections on it specifically designed for the identification of pills rather than relying on people who are strangers to you and not pharmacists. After all, how do you know that strangers who tell you what they think is correct identification of the pills are correct?

Even if someone were to post an image here that looks exactly like the pill that someone is wanting to identify, and then writes what they think the identity of the pill is, it's still best to take the pill to a pharmacist for identification to be sure of what it is.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I found a pill and it says M357 what kind of pill is it? [ 3 Answers ]

I found a pill and it says M357 what kind of pill is it?

What is this pill I found? [ 3 Answers ]

It is small and appears orangeish/yellow and has an M on 1 side and the number 751 on the other.

What is this pill I found in my house? [ 1 Answers ]

I found a pill on the floor in my house which is a small light colored round pill and has an E over the number 64 on one side and scored on the other?! We just had a family gathering and this really disturbs me because I have a 1 and a half year old daughter... WHO FOUND IT! Please help me.:mad:

I found a pill [ 6 Answers ]

I am trying to find out what a pill is, I found it in my sons book bag, it is white and has M523 on one side and 10/325 on the other? Can you help me please I don't know where else to go?

View more questions Search