Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ometek Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2008, 05:33 AM
    Dog nails
    My dog had his nail pulled off while he was in his cage. Will his nail grow back.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 24, 2008, 05:39 AM
    <moved from Zoology to Dogs>
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2008, 03:30 PM
    ometek, if it was a normal tear off, yes the nail will grow back. But you need to bring him in to the vets office. Even if you were able to clean and treat it properly on your own (not easy to do by yourself -- a torn nail is very painful and the area is very sensitive), there is a chance it can get infected. Usually when a nail is torn off, the vet will prescribe an antibiotic for 10 to 14 days to ensure an infection doesn't set in while it heals. Please call your vet and make that appointment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Freaky nails [ 1 Answers ]

Hey guys I'll be quick. After my nails grow to a certain length, lets say quarter to half an inch, they start bending inward. How can I get them to grow nicely like fake nails.

T-nails [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, Using W2K pro and have a bunch of jpg photos in folders. Now at one time when I open a folder I could see all thumbnails of photos(actual picture) and just scroll through to pick them. But somewhere along the lines aka program change or removal, I no longer see them instead an icon of what...

View more questions Search