Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MichaelKemp Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2006, 02:18 PM
    Retirement to France Enquiry
    I hope this is the right board on which to post this question. I have also posted it under 'Travel". I am a US veteran with a disability rating of 100%, & have decided to move to Paris France. My disabilities, while major, do not limit my mobility or yet require use of wheelchair or other help to get around.
    While I am going to make enquiries of the Veterans Administration, I would like some feedback from qualified members regarding what I need to do to accomplish this move, what to expect in the way of jumping through hoops & etc. Of particular importance to me is how, where & through whom my medical needs will be addressed.
    Thank you, Michael Kemp
    Martin Harrison Posts: 30, Reputation: 2

Jan 11, 2006, 03:02 PM
    France
    Hi michael,

I retired from the fire service some 7-8 year ago had a bit of money so we, Tina and I, went to Portugal we were there for a year I was cracking on plumbing, painting and building etc.

We were about to buy an apartment, very nice. Had to come home for funeral.

I was in one room talking to Tina,s Father- saying how good it was how well we were doing, can't wait to get back.

At the same time T was in the other room telling mom how much she hated it , didn't want to go back, didn't like it, missed her mum.

Communication.

Anyway I don't know how familiar you are with the french and how much of a change it will be for you.

All I can say is best of luck, and as for your question - I ain,t got a clue.

BEST REGARDS

Martin.
    MichaelKemp Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2006, 07:37 PM
    Hey Martin, Thanks for the well-wishes. I hope that you got to go back over there, as it seems you really enjoyed it.
    Yours, Michael
    Martin Harrison Posts: 30, Reputation: 2

Jan 12, 2006, 12:38 AM
    France
    Hi Michael,

Yeah we got to go back last year,
    Took the in-laws and my mum and our two kids.
    It was quite good but not the same.

Best wishes,

Martin.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Travel between us and france [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! Does anyone know the law on a french citizen visiting the us (for 3 months) then returning to France. How long before he can return to the US? And what is the best option for him to be able to travel freely to both countries? Is it a visa and how does one go about obtaining one... ...

France [ 1 Answers ]

The number of republics France has had?

France-US citizenship [ 3 Answers ]

I am a French citizen living in the US . I have been here since I was 6yrs old.Iam married to a US citizen and work as a master plumber here. Iam trying to get info on how to get dual citizensip with the US and France

Dyson "multibeast" enquiry [ 13 Answers ]

Hello fellow forum members... I have what my doctor calls an "unhealthy" obsession with the six cyclone dyson products and before I risk possible detachement from my most prized body part I was wondering if by inverting the current to the motors that run the "glory holes" or as you techxperts...

View more questions Search