Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carolswanke Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2004, 04:56 PM
    Hampton Bay Fan quits on us
    We bought 4 identical fans almost 6 years and 3 are working just fine. The "problem" fan just started (about a week ago) turning itself OFF.
    Sometimes it runs for hours before doing this, but other times it goes off in just a few minutes. It usually goes back on again with the remote -- but occasionally we have to wait a little while.
    Ours are all "The Redington II by Hampton Bay" with no lights. Any suggestions would be most welcome!
    Thanks so much!
    RMebane Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2004, 04:24 PM
    Carol, a typical problem with electroncs that are exhibiting the symptoms you have are because of a heat problem. The circuits get too hot and shut themselves down. If you let them coo (sometimes minutes, sometimes longer) you can re-start them. I'm having a different Fan problem (why I'm on the board), but hve seen those symptoms many times with other electronics. The electronics in question? I would suspect the contol unit in the fan housing might be going bad.

Aug 1, 2004, 04:44 PM
    Re:  Hampton Bay Fan quits on us
    Thanks for your reply. We were able to finally get in touch with the manufacturer, who is sending us a new part (I'm not sure which one) for the fan.

Thanks,
    Carol
    millspring Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2004, 11:42 AM
    Carol: Getting in touch with Hampton Bay seems to be a problem. Did you have a telephone number for them. We have a similar problem with a Hampton Bay halogen light strip!

Would appreciate any leads to the company. No numbers included on their "instructions". :D

Sep 2, 2004, 02:29 PM
    Millspring,

Happy to give you the information we have -- hope it helps. Start with Hampton Bay: (800) 236-3306. The first thing they wanted to know was the model number. After hearing it, they referred us to the "real" manufacturer, King of Fans: (800) 330-3267. It cost $25, but we got the correct part in less than a week and everything is working just fine now.
    At least you know where to start! Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton bay [ 1 Answers ]

I have a new house that is pre wired for a fan it has 4 wires coming out -red black, white, ground. My new fan is prewired with black,blue,green, white, I also have 3 switches on the wall and the fan has a light attached after wiring this fan nothing is happening. What should I do

How do you know when to call it quits? [ 6 Answers ]

Me and my husband have been married for 5 years and over the past few years our communiction has become non existent. I have started going to therapy for it but if I suggest him going with me or reading a book that I am reading on how to fix a marriage, he just gets pissed off. He thinks he has no...

Hampton Bay Fan [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay remote ceiling fan that comes on by itself. I have removed the battery from the remote and it still comes on.

Troy-Bilt riding mower quits [ 2 Answers ]

My 1997 troy-bilt mower quits running when I disengage the break and/or engage the mower. I've been told it was a safety switch. Any tips..

View more questions Search