Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shorty87 Posts: 36, Reputation: 3

Jan 23, 2008, 09:07 PM
    Ear piercing
    OK so I'm having trouble again with my cartlage piercing. I am getting the same little gross bump near the piercing... I didn't poke it with a needle this time but it did break open on its own. I have been sleeping on it pretty much every night because I just got my industrial done on my other ear. What should I do? Should I take it out at night when I sleep?
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2008, 02:55 PM
    It would be about 8-9 months old now, correct? If so, it should be okay for you to take it out during the night when you sleep, as long as you put it back in as soon as you get up in the morning.

Sleeping on it is more than likely the cause of the bump. Your industrial will take a while to heal, so until it does, taking it out during the night is a good idea. Another thing you can do if you don't want to take the jewelry out is sleep on your arm to where there is a space between your head and the pillow. That is what I do for mine sometimes. To help get rid of the bump, put a warm compress on it for 10 minutes 2 times per day. If it continues to grow any bigger, you may want to take it out before any significant scarring appears.

Good luck and if you have any more questions let me know! :)
    keeks143 Posts: 149, Reputation: 3

Apr 26, 2013, 10:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nauticalstar420 View Post
    It would be about 8-9 months old now, correct? If so, it should be okay for you to take it out during the night when you sleep, as long as you put it back in as soon as you get up in the morning.

Sleeping on it is more than likely the cause of the bump. Your industrial will take a while to heal, so until it does, taking it out during the night is a good idea. Another thing you can do if you don't want to take the jewelry out is sleep on your arm to where there is a space between your head and the pillow. That is what I do for mine sometimes. To help get rid of the bump, put a warm compress on it for 10 minutes 2 times per day. If it continues to grow any bigger, you may want to take it out before any significant scarring appears.

Good luck and if you have any more questions let me know! :)
    Nonononoonononoonononoonono. If you take it out and keep putting it back in you kare irritating it and you risk it closing up and/or getting infected. Go back to your piercer for professional advice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Piercing [ 25 Answers ]

Lately Ive been wanting a lip ring My parents are very strict about facial piercings but I wanted to know if it's a good idea or a bad one for a 13 year old with a lip ring

Self-piercing [ 18 Answers ]

Within the last year I have pierced a second hole in each of my ears 3 separate times, each time purposefully letting them heal. I have also pierced my belly button twice and let it heal as well. I make sure to sterilize everything, and I've never had any problems with infections or anything like...

Naval piercing [ 10 Answers ]

Just wondering if anyone has had a naval piercing where the bottom part is too far in? The piercer said I have a deep naval that it would relax & come out more. I just had it done a few days ago but isn't coming out. Help.:(

Piercing [ 2 Answers ]

I want to get a Nabel Piercing except by myself. But here's the thing: No matter how much I push, the needle whont go through my skin! What's wrong? And is it OK 2 use a earring?

Body piercing [ 5 Answers ]

I'm 15 years old, I really want o get my right eye-brow pierced, and my mother, I have her consent, but she's worried, that they won't do it because I'm under 18 but I think as long as she's there, I can get it pieced. Can I?

View more questions Search