Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HHSbowlpro300 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2008, 07:09 PM
    An uncle who has hit rock-bottom and needs a career path
    Hi, my name is Jonathan and I have a really important question to ask...

You see... My uncle is a very intelligent, out-going, and generous man! He's had some problems in the past and I really hate seeing him so down! He's been jobless for a very long time now, and he has about hit rock-bottom because of what he thinks as his "lack of intelligence". I try and encourage him to make some good decisions, but he still finds a way to downgrade his self-esteem by saying how ugly, unintelligent, and worthless he is! And I've seen first-hand, this isn't true!
    So my question is... Are there any sites or anything that can get my uncle into a meteorological career (seeing how that is one thing he is very impassioned about!). He watches the Weather Channel EVERY DAY and I swear he knows more than everybody on that news network combined! All he needs is a push... something that will drive him to his goals, because he isn't getting anywhere moping around continuing to downgrade his self-being. There is one flaw...
    His early problems prevented him from even attending a college (along with financial problems). He's a very young 36-years-old and needs something! I'm hoping there is some sort of placement test or something along those lines that he can take (which I KNOW he will excel in) so that he can get started on the career path he was meant to lead! I'm sick of seeing him this way, because I know his potential and I just wish someone would realize that and take him in...
    So If there is ANYTHING that he can do or that I can do to help him, I would really appreciate it! Thanks for reading!
    Oh, And sadly, anything to do with going to college is something that just doesn't seem likely... He needs to be discovered through something/somebody! I know it sounds dumb that he's not gone to college and is trying to pursue in something that seems so out-of-reach, but I am desperate and was hoping that there was ANYTHING!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 23, 2008, 07:15 PM
    Does he have a BS or a MS in meterologica science ? If not his first step is to go to college.

But he needs a job, what was his last job, why is not working, there is a difference between a push, and dragging someone, often sadly some people don't work because they just don't want to, and use excuses to blame everyone but thierself

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Career Path [ 1 Answers ]

I have one and a half year experience in Siebel Functional Testing plus 6 months internship in Siebel technology(completed a project during internship).Worked on CRM and PRM modules. What type of career prospects I have ?

IT - Career Path and Job Title [ 3 Answers ]

I strongly need your help!! I am in the process of creating the HR department for my company, so I am requested to include the career path for the IT consultants and IT Project Managers employee. They should be divided into 5 phases. i.e.: Receptionist => secretary => admin assistant =>...

Choosing career path [ 1 Answers ]

Help, I don't know what to do in my life. I'm a PhD student in math, but the program is long, and I feel I am moving slowly. Perhaps it's the name of the game, one needs patience for math... but I feel so stuck. And finding a job is even more confusing: there are many opportunities, banking,...

Confused about my career path [ 4 Answers ]

I didn't get to do the subjects that qualified me to go into the medical field and now I'm confused. Instead I ended up doing the arts and now I have to choose a career that matches the arts. So I have to now become a journalist or reporter and I don't really want to do that. I want to become...

Correct career path? Need advice [ 4 Answers ]

For a long time I have wanted to be a fashion designer. I'm afraid that I might not be successful both financially and spiritually. Sometimes I feel like I don't have the abilities to make it. Have I chose the correct career path? Please give me some advice.

View more questions Search