Ozier Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2006, 11:48 AM
    Speed
    Ok before I start telling you the problem I'll have you know that I have :

Learned sport Taekwondo for 4 years
    Learned brawl Taekwondo for 2 years
    Learned Ninjitsu for 1 year
    Worked out at the gym for 1 year

Ok,the problem is that I am really big for my age,I'm 13 and a half years old and I am 179 cm high without my shoes, have wide shoulders and I weigh 81 kilograms,now the real problem is that I am superior in strength to other people of my age but I lack in speed when it comes to general movement in a sparing match.I have tried running 2 miles every day and I can beat anyone at running but that didn't improve my battle speed.
    Any ideas as to how I could improve it?
    educatedhorse_2005 Posts: 500, Reputation: 78

Jan 12, 2006, 10:13 AM
    I would sugest taking up a sport like tennis or baseball where you have to run and catch or hit a ball
    Or just go to a batting cage and hit balls start at a slow speed till you become good at hitting the ball and then work your way up to faster speeds it will help your speed
    eawoodall Posts: 230, Reputation: 5

May 8, 2006, 03:29 AM
    Sometimes it is better to allow yourself to grow, and develop naturally, do not be in a hurry to be superior or better, but earn your way.

There are ways to make you faster, but I am not sure you have the maturity or mind set to listen or learn that being able to beat everyone up does not make you better it just makes you win all the time. Winning all the time will not cause you freedom or improvement in other areas, it can only do what it can do. Do not be in a hurry to be great, be what you are. Be satisfied that you have learned as much as you have, and are well on your way to being well rounded, and capable in fighting.

But if you must, if you stop trying to win, and do it, you will be faster. Life is not "how to" but "actually doing". Do not try to hit them, just hit them.
    As yoda pointed out, there is no try. Effort is not an effect, it is a reaction to what you want to happen, not to what is going to happen.

Many martial arts can teach you speed, but I do not know if you or anyone on this web site is ready for such knowledge. Be well. Be safe. Trust.
    Helpoo Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2007, 04:05 PM
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/martia...wer-34987.html

Read that then it will come.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Difference between true air speed and equivalent air speed [ 4 Answers ]

What is the difference between the two and when an aircraft is flying at altitude what is its actual speed

Speed formula help [ 6 Answers ]

OK I am taking my first physics class and I am not doing too great in it, but the good thing is this is only the first week of class. My question is about the speed formula. I know that the formula is S=D/T, but I still get the problems wrong even thow I plug in the numbers right. Here is an...

Fan speed switch [ 4 Answers ]

What is the proper wiring diagram for replacing a 3 speed / 5 wire switch in a ceiling fan? I have four of the wires properly colored coded and hooked up, but, can not find where the last one goes, since I was not the one who removed the original old switch?

Speed Bag for Volleyball [ 0 Answers ]

Using a Speed Bag and Double End Bag could be helpful for Volleyball training. Both can be adusted up high and help the player with holding the hands up, rhythm, speed, timing and targeting a moving object close to the face. Just a few ideas to expand your training Speedbag put a little...

Blower Speed [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Las Vegas and my Electricity bill KILLS me in the summer months. I have talked with other people in my neighborhood with the same model home and my bill is double theirs. I tried to get the builder out here to look at my AC, and of course they do not respond. I am trying to find ways to...

View more questions Search