Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dis5o4boibthugin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2008, 03:36 PM
    Pitbull dogs
    How can I get my 4 months old pitbull to play with the springrope? Also how can I get him muscular ?
    dilydaly Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2008, 03:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dis5o4boibthugin
    how can i get my 4 months old pitbull to play with the springrope? Also how can i get him muscular ?
    Please do not put a heavy chain around his neck! You can lose your dog its cruel. It would be like me putting a stove on your neck.

Pits do like pulling they hold world recods for this competition. Look into it.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2008, 04:49 PM
    The city that I live in, the police will visit your house and make you remove a spring rope hanging from a tree.
    How can that be safe for a dog to hang midair with its jaws clenched on a rope for an extended amount of time.
    Wouldn't your dog have a more positive experience in life and play if you played tug of war or some other game with him and bonded rather than letting him hang from a rope, by himself?
    What type of satisfication could your dog possibly get from that activity.
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2008, 07:59 PM
    From those two questions, I'd say that the person is trying to train up a fighting dog. Quite honestly, if I saw someone with a springrope and pitbull puppy, I'd be calling the animal control officers, police, or whoever has the appropriate jurisdiction in the area.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2008, 06:20 AM
    Yes, froggy I would to and I have... that is why I know In my city that the cops will knock on the door and have you remove it. The ASPCA will be there with them or shortly thereafter. Which is what should happen... When we see the Michaels Vick's of this world they need to be reported. It makes my day if I can cause a animal abuser an ounce of trouble.

Jan 24, 2008, 02:33 PM
    I may have been misundersttod iwhen I said pulling I never meant a spring rope I'm not sure where that came from.

Pulling is accepted by pro pitbull advocates its where the pull weight like an olympic sport.

I love it cause I'm a pro pit and they call dog pullers pitbull atheletes.

If you have never seen this I left a link from you tube

YouTube - Evergreen State American Pit Bull Terrier Club Fun Show
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2008, 04:23 PM
    Dily, the "springrope" question came directly from Dis5o4, the person who asked the question. No one misunderstood you. The above posters were referring to what Dis5o4's intentions are with his dog by the way he posed the questions. Usually when someone asks the question in the way it is posed here, the person's intention is to train his dog to fight. Obviously, only Dis5o4 can tell us what his intentions are if he chooses to come back and explain himself. Yes, there are plenty of people who train and enter their pits for weight pulling competition. It is a lot of work but quite a lot of fun for both dog and owner. Dis5o4 didn't mention this was his intention, unless he edited his original post. What he wants to do is train his puppy on the SPRINGPOLE.

Dis5o4, although I know of responsible owners who train their puppies on springpoles and there are many trainers who recommend it, I do not. I don't like it. If you don't know what you are doing (and most people don't), you are only feeding into the dog's natural aggressive side. As a responsible pit owner, you need to understand how to control your dog and discourage any aggressive and negative behaviors. There is no need to work your dog up into a frenzy (which the springpole does) and strengthen that jaw if the puppy is intended to be a household pet. So, is your puppy intended to be a household pet? Pitbulls are actually quite good at agility training. There are plenty of training facilities that offer basic agility training. It is a lot of fun for both the dog and the owner and creates an excellent bonding experience for you and your dog. The dog gets the exercise he needs without any aggression involved. Why are you trying to build up your dog's muscles? If your puppy isn't interested in the springpole, please leave him alone. You cannot force a dog to play with something he doesn't want to play with. These dogs are naturally muscular. Exercise and feed him properly. As he grows and matures, you will see him turn into a muscular dog.

Jan 24, 2008, 07:39 PM
    RUBY I saved my pitbull from a fighting ring he was only six months old with bite marks and mange. Now he is the joy of my life.

With a drive to support pitbulls and my love of dogs, I'm looking into becoming a certified dog trainer as a hobby or second income.

Do you have a recommendation of a good online place to get certified?

I live in ny 20 minutes from the city. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    jsellers1981 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2008, 11:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dis5o4boibthugin
    how can i get my 4 months old pitbull to play with the springrope? Also how can i get him muscular ?
    Based on his user name, I am going to go out on a limb and guess that he is a punk kid training a pit bull to fight. Why else would you want your pit to "get muscular" This is exactly why pits have a bad name as it is. I will pray that he gets caught with this "springrope" and has this dog seized from his home to live with a family who will love it not abuse it. The coward hasn't even had the nerve to show his face on this board again.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2008, 06:10 AM
    I am still hoping for bans on these beast. But that is just my opinion. You have the right to love these beast and I have the right to want them banned.

And as far as the bad reputation, the pit bull beast has come by the rap honestly. Look at the number of attacks resulting in mauling and even death from these beast.
    stoka Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2008, 05:28 PM
    Comment on dilydaly's post
    Extra
    stoka Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2008, 05:29 PM
    You must to feed the dog very hard

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Are hot dogs safe for dogs [ 7 Answers ]

Are hot dogs safe for me to feed to my dog,or are there any health issues I should be concerned with?

Gator pitbull [ 26 Answers ]

I am wanting any information on gator pitbulls. My niece wants one.

Tarining pitbull [ 4 Answers ]

How to train my pitbul puppy to be a good dog

Pitbull dogs [ 2 Answers ]

How many bloodline traits are their for pittbulls? How many different types of pittbulls are there?

Pitbull and child [ 18 Answers ]

I have a 5 year old pittbull, who is very obedient and loves my two year old son. The problem is he's so hyper I'm afraid hell hurt him by accident by jumping around so much. What can I do to get him to calm down and not be so crazy?:)

View more questions Search