Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HarajukuGirl Posts: 207, Reputation: 9

Jan 23, 2008, 01:29 PM
    Math-i know the answer but how
    Jordan and Missy are standing together in the schol yard. Jordan who is 6fett tall cast shadow of 54 inches long. At the same time missy casts a shadow that is 45 inches long. How tall is missy

A- 38 in.
    B- 86.4
    C- 5Ft
    D-5ft 6 in

I know the asnwer is % feet. I doen this before but my only question is how did I get 5 feet? I completely forgot.

Please help? I have a math regent tomorrowand I'm bugging out trying to figure out so mnay problems :(
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2008, 02:29 PM

Solve for x and you find x = 5ft

To understand why, look up similarity. (or just click that link ;))
    HarajukuGirl Posts: 207, Reputation: 9

Jan 23, 2008, 03:20 PM
    Thank you! You know its funnys, after I posted this post I sat there with my friend and slapped myself for how dumb I am. I realized it was the fraction thing.. But thank you :) now I know I am right haha .

Back to studying!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

To take math or not to take math? Warning:long [ 7 Answers ]

Hey I need some advice. I'm currently a high school junior, and I am HOPELESS at mathematics. I've always managed to scrape by with 65s, and trust me its not lack of effort, I try really hard. All my other grades are over 90s, with the exception of sciences which are in the high 80s. Last year I...

I need math skills on this math problems [ 6 Answers ]

81 divided by 3726.83 divided by 3158

Math answer [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: A right triangle is a triangle with one angle measuring 90°. In a right triangle, the lengths of the sides are related by the Pythagorean Theorem, where c is the length of the hypotenuse (the side opposite the 90° angle). Find the length of the hypotenuse when the other two sides’...

Math work answer plase [ 1 Answers ]

Use the Substitution method to solve the system of equations. x + y = -4 x - y = 2 what does x and y =?

Math answer [ 3 Answers ]

Trapezoid STAR is isosceles. Find the length of each side and the measure of each angle and one angle is 110 :confused:

View more questions Search