Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    richv Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2008, 11:02 AM
    Gas furnace has an intermittent pilot, pilot lights, furnace tries to start
    Have a 25 plus year old furnace pilot will start when signal sent furnace tries to start makes noise as it tries over and over but will not start.
    Thanks
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 23, 2008, 01:11 PM
    Clean the flame sensor. I am sure glad you posted the model number and brand. It made my universal answer so easy to give.LOL
    therinnaiguy Posts: 153, Reputation: 5

Jan 23, 2008, 05:47 PM
    Rich, I have a 25 year old car, any idea what spark plug I need? Hvac1000 can laugh about it but we are professionals taking our time to help you. Without a make and model number, you are wasting our time.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 27, 2008, 10:16 PM
    Sometimes I just wonder about people and how they survive.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My intertherm furnace pilot lights but furnace won't kick on [ 5 Answers ]

I need some diagnostic help. We have a full propane tank. A new burner plate (last year) and the blower works. We light the pilot but the knob should pop up after one minute thus lighting the furnace. It won't pop up. What part should we replace? The furnace is a 17 year old Intertherm MGH...

Furnace trouble. Pilot lights. Burners light but then go out. Evetually stay on [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all, I searched through this site a bit and found some helpful topics, tried a few things and I'm still have the same trouble. I have a Bryant furnace that uses a Johnson Controls G779LHA-1C Ignition Control. The ignition control is new, I just replaced it a week ago. It's hooked up so...

Carrier Furnace pilot lights, nothing else happens.its cold! [ 16 Answers ]

Hi All, First, thanks for the great place to ask for help. I've learned a lot about my furnace after reading many posts online, but I have not been able to solve my problem. Here goes: 1) I have a Carrier 58DH060-CC (Made in the 80's) 2) When starting from scratch, if I turn off the...

Gas furnace pilot trouble. Goes out while furnace is running! [ 1 Answers ]

About a month ago I put in a new thermocoupler in my furnce and it's been working fine. This morning I woke up to no heat. I can re-light the pilot with no problems. The piot light keeps on burning if I don't turn the thermostat up to turn on the furnace. Then when I set the thermostat to 70...

Gas furnace intermittent electric ignition won't light pilot [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Carrier gas furance with a pilot that lights by an intermittent electric ignitor. Occasionally, when the thermostat calls for heat, the electric ignition will spark repeatedly but ultimately, the pilot will not light. If I turn the thermostat off and then back on again, the problem...

View more questions Search