Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Scottish2008 Posts: 501, Reputation: 32

Jan 23, 2008, 10:42 AM
    Best man advise
    My brother called me the other day and ask me to be his best man at his wedding. Which I am greatly honored to do for him. I have never been a best man but I have been to allot of weddings. Can some one please give me some advise on what to say for my speech and some clean jokes to go with it. Keep in mind his future wife is Italian and I love her as much as I love my brother. So I need some sort of clean jokes for her family. I know about my family so I have that much. Need allot of help on this, so all are welcome to add any advise. Thank you
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2008, 04:06 PM
    Hi Scottish. You were able to relate how you feel about your brother, his fiancé, and this marriage very well here. I think you will do fine with your speech.

You may want to forget about the "canned jokes". Most of the better best man speeches are from the heart and relate funny personal stories (nothing that will cause anyone there any embarrassment). Talk about something funny that occurred with either the bride or groom, or both together. All you really need is one good funny story. The best way to begin writing this kind of speech is to start a journal. Write down funny stories from your childhood that you remember which involved your brother. Think about your brothers good qualities and jot those down. Think about the qualities of his bride-to-be that make you feel love for her, and jot those down. If something funny happened while they were together as a couple, that would be a great one to tell, so write it down. Write down the things that either one of them did that made you feel proud to know them. Write down the things they have done as a couple that impressed you. They way they look at each other, the way they interact, they way they treat others.

Your speech doesn't have to be long. Once you have a few good stories to refer to, start thinking about which stories are the most appropriate to the occasion. Here is a good reference guide to give you the do's and don'ts of a best man speech. Giving a Best Man Speech - The Do's and Don'ts of Giving a Best Man Speech, and an Example to Start You Off

Here are some sample speeches that should help you as a guideline of how to put it together:

Best Man Speech | Free Best Man Speeches | Free Samples
    Free Best Man Speeches
    Best man speeches and best man speech material

I hope this helps you get started. When you eventually write your speech, if you want to post it here for some help with fine tuning it, you know you will get a lot of input from people here. :)

Jan 24, 2008, 05:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RubyPitbull
    Hi Scottish. You were able to relate how you feel about your brother, his fiance, and this marriage very well here. I think you will do fine with your speech.

You may want to forget about the "canned jokes". Most of the better best man speeches are from the heart and relate funny personal stories (nothing that will cause anyone there any embarrassment). Talk about something funny that occurred with either the bride or groom, or both together. All you really need is one good funny story. The best way to begin writing this kind of speech is to start a journal. Write down funny stories from your childhood that you remember which involved your brother. Think about your brothers good qualities and jot those down. Think about the qualities of his bride-to-be that make you feel love for her, and jot those down. If something funny happened while they were together as a couple, that would be a great one to tell, so write it down. Write down the things that either one of them did that made you feel proud to know them. Write down the things they have done as a couple that impressed you. They way they look at each other, the way they interact, they way they treat others.

Your speech doesn't have to be long. Once you have a few good stories to refer to, start thinking about which stories are the most appropriate to the occasion. Here is a good reference guide to give you the do's and don'ts of a best man speech. Giving a Best Man Speech - The Do's and Don'ts of Giving a Best Man Speech, and an Example to Start You Off

Here are some sample speeches that should help you as a guideline of how to put it together:

Best Man Speech | Free Best Man Speeches | Free Samples
    Free Best Man Speeches
    Best man speeches and best man speech material

I hope this helps you get started. When you eventually write your speech, if you want to post it here for some help with fine tuning it, you know you will get a lot of input from people here. :)
    Thank you. You have been a great help. Can anyone give me some clean jokes.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 24, 2008, 07:10 AM
    How timely, this just showed up in my RSS feed: How to Make a Wedding Toast

Jan 24, 2008, 07:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    How timely, this just showed up in my RSS feed: How to Make a Wedding Toast
    Thank you for that great template I can use. Jokes are the big key.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Seeking advise on giving advise [ 1 Answers ]

If you are sharing in a living situation with someone who you've found to be kind of a slob, i.e. not doing any cleaning nor taking care of personal hygiene, and it poses a health risk to both of you, how would you go about telling that person to cleanup? How can you tell another person that they...

Can anyone advise ? [ 2 Answers ]

I am a gay man that just turned 40. I became friends with a straight guy who is 25 years old but he doesn’t know about me being gay and never said anything to make me believe he suspects. We hit it off right from the start. The ideas, the taste, the hobbies, and the interests were all the same....

I need advise [ 14 Answers ]

Umm OK I go out with this guy and yes like most of you said that I should moveon so I did and I'm over cheyenne and anyway I go out with this guy and his name is nick and ummm I think I kind of love him and the other day my friend asked me if I would ever have sex with him and I said yeah probably...

Could use some advise [ 16 Answers ]

Ok I need advise on 2 different relationship propublems. 1> My x is asking me to sign a paper for him . I told him I would have to speak to my lawyer before signing any papers for him . He got mad and left me a text message saying He was crushing the car (the paper he wanted me to sign was...

Serious Advise Please! [ 6 Answers ]

:confused: I know this is sure to get some negative comments, need only serious advise please! I've been married AND FAITHFULL for the last five years. Prior to our marriage, we were together for 10 years. Lately, for a long time actually, I feel like my husband doesn't "give" to the relationship...

View more questions Search