Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mint914 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2006, 07:05 AM
    Spousal Support--Reconsideration
    I recently missed a hearing to revisit my spousal support order. Due to my absence the Judge ordered for me to continue paying the amount previously decided on plus an additional amount which was in arrears. I filed a motion for reconsideration and got a new court date in March. My question is, am I obligated to pay the spousal support and amount in arrears now or can I wait until the next hearing now that I have filed for reconsideration? Would appreciate any advice. :confused:
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jan 15, 2006, 07:05 PM
    You must continue to pay as per the most recent court order, any upcoming hearing for reconsideration notwithstanding. If, at the hearing, the judge sees fit to modify the existing order, (s)he will adjust the payment schedule accordingly. Until that happens, however, things remain the same as they've been.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Spousal Verbal Abuse [ 12 Answers ]

I am married to a man who goes ballistic if he is even asked a simple question. He throws things,breaks things,he stomps on things, all of them mine.He yells and screams at me. He calls me names. He does not treat anyone else like this.Only his wife.He says I slandered him because I made a...

Support [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Texas and I am the sole managing conservator of my son. I've been in and out of court on enforcement issues concerning visitation. We always come to an agreement or arrangement. Out of all these times I am suppositly in contempt she has not once made a physical appearance to try and pick...

Child Support [ 2 Answers ]

My divorce decree states that my ex-husband was to pay child support to my child school. He was not paying the tuition and I could no longer afford to pay it so I took my child out of private school. My ex-husband randomly pays support and nowhere near what the court order stipulated. Can I get...

Help and support [ 1 Answers ]

When I click on help and support , nothing happens, help and support is RUNNING, checked this out first,also I cannot get SYSTEM RSTORE to work,, any help will be appreciated sapper

View more questions Search