Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jan 15, 2006, 11:23 AM
    Since I posted I realized how convenient it is to use my email program as a text editor. I have 2 windows open on this desktop. This compose window, and my inbox. I have always on cable internet and NS set to check mail every 10 minutes. Thus, with all the time I spend writing answers here and elsewhere, I can quickly see when I have an email. Most of my emails relate to the life I have outside the net and often take priority. When I finish my answer, I click on the desktop where I have Konquerpor open and paste it into the box with one middle click.

Of course I doubt emoticons etc. are available for NS 4.8, but I don't miss them. The one feature I haven't found with it is ''Undisclosed Recipients'' Everybody else doesn't all the addresses of everybody I send everything. I have told people not to forward me things if they can't do it without sharing my address with 100 strangers. I make do with bcc, a kludge I think was available in 1992 when I was using Mikeyterm to access Delphi at 300 baud. NS requires at least 1 to, so I often send things to myself and bcc everyone else.
    Whiskey14 Posts: 219, Reputation: 16

Jan 20, 2006, 12:35 PM
    Eudora is the best as far as I'm concerned. Check it out at:

http://eudora.com/email/features/index.html

Hope this helps!
    Whiskey14
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Jan 20, 2006, 01:40 PM
    Outlook here too!
    I also use Outlook in conunction with GMail. My ISP email account and GMail accounts all come into my Outlook mailbox and I keep all my Calendar and Contacts in one spot. I also carry a Blackberry so that I can access those items while I'm mobile.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jan 20, 2006, 03:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by phillysteakandcheese
    I also use Outlook in conunction with GMail. My ISP email account and GMail accounts all come into my Outlook mailbox and I keep all my Calendar and Contacts in one spot. I also carry a Blackberry so that I can access those items while I'm mobile.
    Welcome to the forum!
    Love your name, it makes me want to go out and get a sub-sandwich.
    Hope you enjoy this forum as much as we do.
    Wendy225 Posts: 240, Reputation: 4

Jan 21, 2006, 10:00 PM
    Eudora
    Eudora is a very good one, and also it depends on what your particular tastes and needs are, I use to have Eudora for many years, but now I think Pocomail is better, it's spam filter by far supior to Eudora and easier to use, and the customization ability you have for Poco is better, as far as what you see, the look and color and design of the interface, and side by side, Poco downloads your email at a much faster rate than any I have tried, and Eudora is starting to get a little crowded on it's interface and it's size.
    SHAVED Posts: 275, Reputation: 41

Jan 22, 2006, 12:18 AM
    E-mail Program
    I think it will be better you try Eudora and MS Outlook. There is another one which is compatible with MS Outlook. It is INCREDIMAIL. It has got add-ins for MS Outlook. Please note that it does not have some options like resending the message which you can do with outlook but it has got lots of other features like Beautiful Styles and Stationeries. There are plenty of emoticons and various mail notifiers which you can choose. Try and find out which one is of your taste. OUTLOOK, EUDORA AND INCREDIMAIL.

Jan 22, 2006, 08:15 PM
    Poco
    HI Shaved, why did you not include Pocomail in your final 3 or 4 choices.

Incredimail is a big progam and hard to get off your system when you want it out, although it is very good, it does have some problems.

I had a difficult time getting it to backup my files and then put them back into a new install, and their tech support, took forever to get back with me and still offered little help.

Jan 22, 2006, 11:14 PM
    Pocomail
    Hi,
    I did not recommend to use Incredimail. I told first to try Eudora and MS Outlook and mentioned about Incredimail. It was only my opinion and all you guys are open for your suggestions. Wendy have already posted your feeling about Pocomail. I tried it but was not happy which could be strictly personal liking or disliking. Let them try all and chose whichever they like.

Jan 23, 2006, 06:01 AM
    Curious
    I am curious what it was about Poco you did not like, since it clearly has the best spam filter, and you can customize the look and feel of the interface to suit your colors, fonts, and sizes and such, and it is laid out, almost exactly like the others mentioned and in most tests, it gets your email to you faster than the others can download, so that's why I was curious what you did not personally like about it, since if your looking at them all, the interfaces are generally setup in the same manner, just different icons and colors and things.

They could all actually be the same program with different skins, just minor differences as you look at them, but yet Poco is the only one that really lets you change the scheme of things.

Thanks

Jan 23, 2006, 06:04 AM
    OH almost forgot, if you anyone reads my initial comments here, they will see that I suggest your choice of email program will depend on your personal needs, not a single suggestion by anyone, I needed an email program that was flexible, that I could change the look and feel of it myself, with a strong spam filter, and still retain the look of Eudora, and Incredimail, both of which I had previously used, and also get my mail from the server as fast as possible, along with some other extra emailing options, in the end, that's why I chose Pocomail, over the others, because it contained all or most of what I needed, if I could combine them, all I would have the perfect email program.

For many people, web based mail, like Yahoo and Gmail work fine, or Eudora lite, or MS express and such, it all depends on your personal needs in a program.

Jan 23, 2006, 08:10 AM
    Hi,
    As I mentioned it is strictly personal. Did I tell Poco is bad? Liking and disliking such programs depends on the person who is using it. We cannot insist it on others but we can suggest. In reality I tried all of them and now I am using MS Outlook 2003.
    Gswiss Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2006, 02:02 PM
    To labman - In Incredimail, to have Undisclosed-Recipients appear in the To field, just type Undisclosed-Recipients<[email protected]> in that field. It's your own address between the special signs. List your addressees in the bcc field.

Apr 7, 2006, 04:42 PM
    Dear Shaved,

I liked Poco and gave some good points on it, I personally tested about 7 of the top rated email programs and overall Poco had better features and customizing ability, it also had by far the best spam filter, you said it was bad, but you did not state what was bad about it, maybe you just had trouble on your computer, or you did not like the interface, but offer some type of indepth comment on what was bad about it, I compared it to MS outlook and Poco easily has many more features, yet has all the things Outlook has, but only Poco is more easily customized and as I mentioned a much better and more comprehensive and easier to use spam filter, so although its personal preference, Poco does more than most and better.

Apr 7, 2006, 04:43 PM
    If you do have any conflicts when using Poco, it's most likely caused by incompatibility with your Virus software, so you have to rework it, and Poco offers that help.
    Artani Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2006, 08:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy225
    What is everyone's opinion on a good solid email program, I'm talking a power user, or big business, just a normal home PC user.

I prefer Pocomail 4 as it has what I consider the best Spam filter and customizable interface and speed.

If you want a lot of smileys, backgrounds to use and well just fix up your emails, then Incredimail is good with a nice clean interface, but it's a huge program and power hog.

Thunderbird I think is a nice small simple one if your needs are simple.

What does anyone else think :)
    We are using MS Outlook as mail client and to filter spam - Spam Bully, a plugin for Outlook.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't email [ 2 Answers ]

I have an email address from Yahoo. I can receive emails but once I go to send one, when I'm on the page were it asks there email address and subject, but there is no box where I can write my email. It has the subject and their address but below that it has no box to write. But I asked my...

Sent Email [ 7 Answers ]

Is there a way that I can get notification that an email has been read? Thanks

The best email like The Bat! [ 4 Answers ]

Anybody help me find an email client as good as The Bat! I am using The Bat! Email client for years. I love its features, but now a days many of my email reciepient blocks my email because of possible spam from The Bat email client. I still fond of using it. So to cover all of my email...

Email 'Signatures' [ 3 Answers ]

Using Outlook Express 6 with Windows 2000. I want to create an Email signature in one font but to have my main default font message as a different one without having to change either each time I send a new email. I know broadly how that SHOULD be done, but no matter what I try, the...

Lost email [ 2 Answers ]

:' I recently upgraded my internet explorer to 6.0 from 4.0. My outlook express was upgraded too (I could tell because the configuration had changed) My address book appears to remain unchanged but all my earlier emails in my inbox have gone. They are all somewhere in my computer but I don't know...

View more questions Search