Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    canadacalling Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2008, 01:16 AM
    PEI Statute of Limitation (Wrongful Death)?
    Can anyone tell me what the Statute of Limitations is in Prince Edward Island for wrongful death. It involves an 18-year-old who committed suicide in his room at a hospital while under psychiatric care and in its custody?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 23, 2008, 04:01 AM
    canadacalling, I have done a search and cannot locate any mention of the statute of limitations for this. I really think you should consult an attorney regarding this sensitive issue.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2008, 06:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by canadacalling
    Can anyone tell me what the Statute of Limitations is in Prince Edward Island for wrongful death. It involves an 18-year-old who committed suicide in his room at a hospital while under psychiatric care and in its custody?

Private facility or Government facility? I believe it's the same as the US if it's a Government facility in that the Government must be put on notice of the intention to sue within a certain number of days (in NYS it's 90 days).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Statute of limitation [ 3 Answers ]

What is the statute of limitation of filing a claim within Ontario for a liquidated claim or more specifically for services rendered?

Statute of limitation [ 6 Answers ]

My company has purchased credit card debts which I am starting claims on some of them. If the last activity is in 2004 it is Statute barred, but if the person verbally acknowledges the debt and/or makes payment arrangements with us, will it bring the account back into stat?

Statute of limitation [ 10 Answers ]

My son was charged on April 27,2007 for a break and enter that allegedly occurred in August of 2005. Is there a statutes of limitation?

Wrongful death [ 3 Answers ]

I live in canada and my mother was involved in fatal car crash 20 years ago. . she was a passenger in car which left highway and landed in water bother died, we had option to sue but did not. . we were very young and did not know exactly what it meant and were under stress and extreme grief.can...

About Statute of Limitation [ 5 Answers ]

What exactly does it mean "not more than four years after the day THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES ..."? Does it mean a collection agency cannot make a claim after four years have elapsed from when the last payment stopped? Or does it mean a collection agency cannot take legal action after four years...

View more questions Search