Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ckow2001 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2008, 12:58 AM
    Police record in seeking employment
    I was investigated for shoplifting but released with a warning without charge. Dose it mean my charge is dismissed? Do I need to declare this when seeking employment in future.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2008, 01:44 AM
    If you weren't charged or convicted of anything, then you don't need to reveal that this sort of thing happened. However, what do you mean that you were released with a warning? Were you issued some kind of ticket? Did the police actually arrest you?
    fde Posts: 93, Reputation: -4

Jan 23, 2008, 03:18 PM
    Call the police and ask them if you were charged. If there is any more that you have to do. Because you don't want to get in any more trouble like not showing up to court Or not paying a fine.
    PS you are lucky that you got a warning. Hope this will help u stop. NOT WORTH IT MAN
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 23, 2008, 03:24 PM
    Investigated does not even mean charged, if you were charged you would have either received a ticket or been arrested and had charges read in court. Investigated means investigated, they had you as a suspect but at this time did not have enough evidence to charge you.

So your charge can not be dismissed, if there was never a charge to start with. If you were charged, then you would have had to have the DA drop the charges.

Also in employment applicatoins, they ask if you had ever been convicted, they do not ask if you had ever been arrested or charged. ** at least most of them
    fde Posts: 93, Reputation: -4

Jan 23, 2008, 03:37 PM
    Chuck is soooo right he has that way of simplifying things. Call see where you stand.
    And you are OK with you application right now. Even a police check
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2008, 07:01 PM
    You don't have anything to worry about as you did not go to court and were not convicted of shoplifting. Relax. It is not on the books anywhere. You can forget about it as it didn't happen.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I get my police record sponged? [ 8 Answers ]

How do i get my police record sponged?

Employment with police record [ 3 Answers ]

Arrested for shoplifting, released without being charge. How will this affect me in seeking employment in future?

Should we go to the police? [ 25 Answers ]

Me and my friend have this friend and her boyfriend has been hitting her and he threatens her all the time and he even held a gun to her head at one point fallows her everywhere and has these freaky mind game type things and the other day he poked her in the eye and made her blind in one eye I mean...

Disorderly behaviour -implications on seeking employment [ 10 Answers ]

I pleaded guilty of 2C:20-11b(2) shoplifting, which was downgraded to disorderly behaviour(Twp.Ord.129-13) early 2006 and just paid a fine (in state of NJ). I am offered a new job now and my employer does compliant background screening as a contingency for employment. What are the chances that I...

Warning from police [ 1 Answers ]

Does a warning from police go on a record for tresspassing on someone else's property? I live in Illinois:confused:

View more questions Search