Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anticuchos Posts: 36, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2006, 09:42 PM
    Safe storing cheeze on the shelf?
    Is it necessary for cheese to be refridgerated? Or is it okay for it to be shelfed?
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2006, 10:14 PM
    Question: Does goat cheese need to be refrigerated?

Answer: According to http://www.appletoncreamery.com/FAQ.html

Yes. Cheese should be stored in the refrigerator and brought to room temperature for serving. The olive oil in the marinated cheese will cloud up under refrigeration. A slight zap in the microwave will help warm it up quickly.

I also personally store cheese in my fridge, however I think it depends on the type of cheese you have, but most cheese do need to be in the fridge.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2006, 07:14 AM
    Cheese storage
    Hi,
    I also keep all cheese in the frig, just in case.
    Here is a link:

http://www.fsis.usda.gov/Fact_Sheets...ency/index.asp

If you scroll down about 1/2 way at the link, it lists many types of cheese, and which should be discarded after not being in the frig, and which are safe to eat, not kept cold.
    tjr Posts: 70, Reputation: 2

Jan 11, 2006, 08:13 AM
    For most consumer used cheeses refrigeration is required but there are a lot of hard cheeses that are coated in wax that should be stored in a cool low humidity setting

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Storing pistols - who is best desiccant vendor [ 2 Answers ]

I am preparing to display two WWII pistols in shadow boxes. The guns have sentimental value. Each box is 10" x 12" x 3" and can be made air-tight. I need to find out; how much desiccant to use (very humid in Georgia), how frequently to change it, and where to get it at a reasonable price. Is...

Godiva Safe? [ 6 Answers ]

I wanted to know if Godiva products are safe, and has anyone used them. I have used it in the past and it lighten my skin. I have a little shadow not real dark at all and it lighten it real good. I bought some more godiva products just for that purpose and just wanted to make sure it was safe...

Water puddle on top shelf of Fridge [ 1 Answers ]

I have a kenmore fridge that recently started gathering water on the top shelf of the refrigerator section (top is freezer with an ice maker/bottom is fridge). I'm not sure if it's the ice maker leeking or if it's the seal on the door is needing to be replaced. Thank you for your assistance

Is It Safe? [ 2 Answers ]

I want to lighten my skin not just to get lighter I have an excuse. One summer when I was in middle school I had to go to summer school and we were outside for a long period under the sun. That is when my life changed my face got pitch black dark I mean real dark but the rest of my body stayed it's...

Shelf life of vitamins [ 1 Answers ]

What is the "shelf life" of vitamin E, also of "Omega-3" capsules? Is it, can it be useful or harmful to take same after expiry date of one year or more? Many thanks !

View more questions Search