Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anticuchos Posts: 36, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2006, 09:39 PM
    Cleaning CD/DVD and screen
    Are there any around-the-house stuff I can use that is safe for cleaning CD/DVDs and the monitor screen?
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2006, 04:21 AM
    Screen: Bog standard furniture polish and a soft cloth always works for me
    CD/DVD: Just a dry, soft cloth should be good enough to get rid of fingerprints etc. - no chemicals needed.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2006, 04:58 AM
    I use window cleaner for my monitor screen, but you MUST put the cleaner on the cloth... NOT spray it on the screen.

I hosed a monitor years ago when I sprayed on the screen, and before I could catch the drips, they dripped down the glass and into the case. Fried it.

As for CD/DVD, I use my breath on them. It is recommended that you wipe them outwards from the middle - not around in a circle.

For tougher cleaning, I've got electric disk cleaner/refurbisher
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2006, 06:07 AM
    Cleaning
    Hi,
    As for a normal monitor, or for an LCD monitor, I use 1 part White Distilled Vinegar, mixed with 3 parts water. Then use a soft clean cotton cloth, with the solution on it.
    Wipe the screen up and down, gently, then gently wipe it up and down with a dry clean cloth.
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Jan 11, 2006, 06:15 AM
    Cleaning
    All good suggestions.Ha ha.Rick,I would love to have seen your face at hoseing down your monitor!!
    Will try your suggestion Fred.But will be very careful with the water though.Normally I just use lint cloth,but end up with lots of static :D
    MissyP13 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2008, 05:43 AM
    I am out in the field with clients a lot (using my laptop)... I have found that Lens Cloths use great to clean the Monitor especially when you don't want to tote around a cleaner and cloth. I got a huge box at Sam's Club in their optical department. Missy

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Windshield cleaning [ 5 Answers ]

I used Windex to clean the inside of my front windshield... a few days later I looked and my windshield had so many smudges that I might as well not have even cleaned it. Do anyone have any tips to prevent that from happening when cleaning windows in your car?. any commercial products or mixes......

Engine Cleaning [ 4 Answers ]

I used to clean my '93 Civic's engine every year. Haven't done it in the past two years and now with dirt, grime and an oil seep from the valve cover, it looks like any other engine. The problem with cleaning is that the engine compartment was not designed for high pressure water. I'm...

Having a problem moving my address bar from bottom of screen to top of screen [ 11 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I can't seem to bring up an address bar at the top of the screen because when I right click at the top of the page, the options are not lit up. I could only bring up an address bar at the bottom. Since it gets in the way at the bottom, I would like to know if anyone can help me...

Cleaning AC Ducts... [ 0 Answers ]

I had my air ducts cleaned out professionally 4 years ago when I bought my house. I watched the guy clean it with a rotating brush (about 4 inches diameter) hooked up to a vacumn cleaner. It was maybe about 10-15 feet long and he pushed it up in to each vent. Has anyone attempted to try and...

Cleaning notebook [ 1 Answers ]

My toshiba notebook has a metallic finish. Where I rest my palm when I write a dark patch has developed.I can't get rid of it. Is it oxidation? Do you know how to make my laptop shiny again?

View more questions Search