Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lilmikey Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2008, 05:35 PM
    Trucking Companies for felons
    I'm not sure if someone has answered this question or not somewhere else, but I would like to know what truck driving companies will hire you if you have a felony. I have 2 felonies, one in 99 for possession of a controlled substance and one in 04 for robbery. I just currently graduated from truck driving school, and I'm under unsupervised parole for being such an upstanding citizen after my last conviction. Any help with this question would be greatly appreciated.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2008, 05:57 PM
    Chances are not too good for you right now as you are still on parole. I'm surprised that the trucking school you went to didn't have any info on what companies will hire you before you completed the school. Oh well, guess they liked your dough and told you a bunch of fairy tales.

If you want to go OTR then you'll have to approach the parole office first and see if this is even a possibility for you. You will have to get written permission from them before any trucking company will even consider you. In most cases a regular trucking company needs you to drive unrestricted across state lines. Very few are truly local companies that don't cross state lines.

You have to generally have OTR experience of say 6 months or a year for any local company to want to hire you. You also have to expect to have to somehow pass the company's insurance carrier's requirements as well.

Try searching on this site for trucking info as I remember reading some posts with some good info in them.
    Eagle3814 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2008, 08:56 AM
    HI - I have two truck driving schools and we deal with felons a lot. WIth an armed robery in 2004 that is a MAJOR strike against you. The school that you went to SHOULD have told you that and either got you a job before taking you or at least explained that jobs were not easily had. I like to see at least 10 years but have worked with less. I always have the felong write a letter and often that helps. It is so important for you to know what you are up against and to be prepared. Sorry that the school cared more about your cash - that's not a good way to run a successful business.
    :cool:
    tnywdsn Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Dec 3, 2008, 10:02 AM

tnywdsn/MI,, I am in the same boat, but there many trcking compaines out there that will hire ex-felonies, like Blue line transport, Sabreline Transportation and others...
    mdsmith1st10th Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2012, 03:03 PM
    I have been out since sep. of 2010. Went in dec.8th 2001. My parole officer dosen't have a problem with me driving. I used to have a cdl. Expired 2006.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Know any Trucking Companies that hire felons? [ 14 Answers ]

I keep hearing there are truck driving jibs for ex-cons but where are they?

Trucking Companies [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know if anyone has any information on the Lease program and/or the training school of C R England.

Trucking Jobs for Felons [ 19 Answers ]

I need to know if there are any trucking companies that will hire a felon? (I have my CDL with all endorsements except HazMat. Recently graduated from an 18 week Truck Driving School)

Looking for Small Trucking Companies [ 1 Answers ]

How do I find Small Trucking Companies that would be willing to hire some one with a felony record,especially when they don't put there phone numbers in the local phone book nor in a national data base.

Questions to ask Trucking Companies [ 12 Answers ]

Hi My name is Brendan. I'm around the Chicago land area, and I Would like to know from some trucking professionals good questins to ask. If aybody could give me a few ideas I would apreciate it. Like as far as who to use, or things that I need to know about the trucking industry as a customer. ...

View more questions Search