Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hawaii808 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2008, 05:33 PM
    TV Menu not working, Remote Menu working but different, so all we can do is watch TV?
    Ok I got this JVC television set with the normal cable, 2 red, 2 white, 1 yellow holes in the back. In the front there is the power button, volume button, channel and menu button. The chanel and menu buttons however don't have buttons sticking out so we have to poke things in them to work it.

The menu which we opened up I remember had a setting to switch from TV to video. (where the blue screen comes up) however, just yesterday the menu button began not working. So we tried using out (universal) remote that we use for the TV to open the TV menu up. It does open, however its another more complicated menu that talks about the audio, visual, color, tints, timers, languages, etc. not the one about TV to video...

So when I set up the DVD player for the first time today, the picture did not show... So we tried to use the rf modulator to see if it catches on channel 3 or 4 but it doesn't...

So we are guessing the "tv to video" switcher on the menu that was accessible from the TV is needed... because when we press the menu from the (universal) remote doesn't show it... what can we do to solve this? I really want to be able to watch things from dvd players, or even play a little playstation or something with this TV.. it's the only TV we have.

(btw there is a "TV VCR" button on the remote but it doesn't seem to do anything when we press it anytime.. )
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2008, 07:06 PM
    I have Dish Network so my TV is normally set to Channel #3 --I also have a VCR and PS2

That I use sometimes -- to solve the problem I have a video switch that allows me to select

Satellite TV or VCR and Playstation -- just switch which signal goes to Television

I think you can buy one at a Dollar Store or some other discount stores -- work great

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Start Menu "All Programs" won't show the menu [ 2 Answers ]

Hello! This is my first post My Start Menu "All Programs" won't show the menu. Any kind soul please help

TV Menu not working, Remote Menu working but different, so all we can do is watch TV? [ 1 Answers ]

Ok I got this JVC television set with the normal cable, 2 red, 2 white, 1 yellow holes in the back. In the front there is the power button, volume button, channel and menu button. The chanel and menu buttons however don't have buttons sticking out so we have to poke things in them to work it. ...

+/- from all programs menu [ 2 Answers ]

How can I add new items to the "all programs" list in XP?:o I'd like to create a entry or two there and move some of the existing items into that folder. Is this possible? Thanks in advance for the help... and oh yeah, Merry Christmas!:D

Want a help menu [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Friends I am A new member to this ASK ME HELP DESK. I want to know the procedures and formalities for how to use this site. For example the word 'THREAD', I don't know the meening of it. Is there any help menu ICON for it to click on. So that I'll get the answers without disturbing anyone. ...

View more questions Search