Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jadent Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2008, 05:14 PM
    Zone not working
    I have an issue with a gas furnace.
    I have a megastore hot water heater that was replaced this weekend by myself
    Prior to replacing the tank I used all shutoff leading to and from furnace.
    When I return to building on Monday one of the zones was not operating.
    Finally called a professional.
    He felt that there was not enough pressure in the furnace(hot water baseboard) and changed the pressure valve before the expansion tank and the bleeder on top of the tank
    THEN HE bled the zone.
    THe heat (z0ne) was fine for the day.
    When I returned today problem arose again.
    I bled the line only to get warmth off radiator for minutes. When I returned 10 minutes later baseboard was cold
    He came back again later and said there was air block. He drained zone and said all fine. But 10 minutes after he left back to the same situation - cold.
    Also note worthy the other two zones working fine and hot water heater fine.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 23, 2008, 12:01 AM
    Call him back. You paid for his services to take care of your problem and he did not do it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dual zone damper is not working [ 1 Answers ]

We have a dual zone ac in our 2 story. It has been confirmed. But my question is will that cause us to have a large increase in our pg&e bill? Our bill has been astronomical now for 2 years. We've lived here for 3 years. Summer(2006) they had to come out and repair a leak in a pipe. A nail had...

Zoning issue 1 zone working @ a time? [ 3 Answers ]

I have 2 zone oil heat in my new/old home (1952). I added the 2nd zone in threw a professional plumber. My question is it seems like it's only working 1 zone at a time? I've been waking up to 58 degrees on zone 1, can you help? Zone 2 is upstairs.

Baseboar water heater system not working in one zone. [ 2 Answers ]

My Baseboard water circulation heater system has 3 Zones. The 3rd zone on my third floor is not working. The circulation water pipes near the heating unit become hot when I turn on the thrmostat and then cools down. I have no heat on the 3rd floor, but at time the unit works.

New two zone heating system not working. [ 1 Answers ]

We are about to close on a new condo and we had a two zone system put in. The problem is when the heat is off upstairs and the temp is set around 70 in the lower level the temp in the upper level reaches 74 or higher and you can feel the heat coming out the vents. The contractor says this is...

View more questions Search