Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thegeneral Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2008, 08:31 AM
    Snow blower
    I have an older snow blower a Yardman it is about 15 years old what is the best Oil to use in it, and what spark plug would be best.

Thank you
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2008, 08:47 AM
    You forgot the model #. Most hardware stores have a plug book.

30W non-detergent oil is recommended for most small engines. Sears has a specific blend for Snowthowers.
    thegeneral Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2008, 08:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by KeepItSimpleStupid
    You forgot the model #. Most hardware stores have a plug book.

30W non-detergent oil is recommended for most small engines. Sears has a specific blend for Snowthowers.

Thank you for the help,it is appreciated.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2008, 05:27 PM
    Most manufacturers have their own oil. I would suggest using the oem make of oil, if you have a briggs, use briggs oil...
    helpmefixit Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2008, 05:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by thegeneral
    I have an older snow blower a Yardman it is about 15 years old what is the best Oil to use in it, and what spark plug would be best.

Thank you
    Use 30 wt oil. The best thing to do for the spark plug is take the old one out and bring that to the store with you and match it. Or you can give the store the model and serial number of your snow blower and they can look up the correct one you should have.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Snow blower problems [ 11 Answers ]

I have a 7 year old craftsman snowblower that was working fine until today. It was seeming to lack power. Does anyone know what I should look for to fix the problem before it get worse?

Snow blower won't start [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2 year old Tecumseh yard machine snow blower. It started up fine the first year. This year, it wouldn't start. I've only used it 4 times since I've had it. Does anyone have an idea on what this could be? I'm thinking I might have left some gasoline in it the last time I used it.

Snow blower not picking up snow [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Noma 5.0 HP snow blower that is not working correctly. The shears are not turning and picking up the snow. I've checked the shear pins, but they seem to be in good condition. What else should I check? Thanks

Snow Blower [ 2 Answers ]

Show me the snow blowers you sell

Snow blower [ 1 Answers ]

I got a new snow blower last year and used it once, worked great, this year it won't start. Primer is just pushing air, gas line is not bloked. I put I little gas in the spark plug cylinder and it fired up for a second. Gas is not going through the carb, is something stuck, what should I do. I did...

View more questions Search